joe burrow/ justin Herbert (1 Viewer)

I got Hebert as a 2nd round pick.

Dude has plateaud.
He is the most physically gifted QB in this draft. Good comparison to his game is Josh Allen. Big athletic guy who can sling it. One read QB, If that 1st read not there try to improvise or run it. Like Allen you gambling if it all comes together. The pre snap recognition and mental processing and seeing the whole field to get on par with the physical talent. I think he has better ball placement then Allen. Slightly lesser arm talent, but more then plenty of arm strength. Tua is advanced in his pre snap and field processing as is Joe. Tua slightly better physically then Joe cause of his uppier tier release. Joe slightly better in the intangibles then Tua, Injury free I think Tua would be 1A and Joe 1B on most boards if he isnt already. Love is a lesser version of Herbert. 1 read QB who can make all the throws but needs alot of work with the intangibles.

He is the most physically gifted QB in this draft. Good comparison to his game is Josh Allen. Big athletic guy who can sling it. One read QB, If that 1st read not there try to improvise or run it. Like Allen you gambling if it all comes together. The pre snap recognition and mental processing and seeing the whole field to get on par with the physical talent. I think he has better ball placement then Allen. Slightly lesser arm talent, but more then plenty of arm strength. Tua is advanced in his pre snap and field processing as is Joe. Tua slightly better physically then Joe cause of his uppier tier release. Joe slightly better in the intangibles then Tua, Injury free I think Tua would be 1A and Joe 1B on most boards if he isnt already. Love is a lesser version of Herbert. 1 read QB who can make all the throws but needs alot of work with the intangibles.
This isn't 1990. One read QB aren't franchise QB anymore ... Like Josh Allen.

Hurts - A healthy low-ceiling - low floor version of Tua. Honestly though... I see a young version of Taysom Hill. With a healthy college career. THIS IS THE GUY I SEEM TO PICK IN THE 3RD ROUND IN EVERY MOCK I DO.

Been saying that since the season ended and I went into "next year" mode. You're the first to see it besides me that I know of. Hurt is sort of meh as a QB, but would be dynamite as a Jack. Would have to be defended sideline to sideline every snap he's in the game. He would cause defenses to call a lot of time outs just like Taysom. His 40 time is a little slow, but he is shiftier than Taysom, which should make up for it.

Been saying that since the season ended and I went into "next year" mode. You're the first to see it besides me that I know of. Hurt is sort of meh as a QB, but would be dynamite as a Jack. Would have to be defended sideline to sideline every snap he's in the game. He would cause defenses to call a lot of time outs just like Taysom. His 40 time is a little slow, but he is shiftier than Taysom, which should make up for it.

Both can bench press a buick. And if Taysom is to be our next QB, that tells me that SP, Carmichael, and Lombardi was able to develop an older QB with quarterbacking issues into something. Imagine what they could do with a young Heisman finalist in a system that was designed for Taysom and his skill-set.

I hope Love does go before 24, because I think it would be a waste pick. Outside of Burrow, Tua (if healthy) and Herbert, I would not touch any other QB in the 1st round, when the Saints have so many other desperate holes to fill. Like LB, OL, WR. Depending on what happens in FA, things could suddenly change.
I agree. Love is being overhyped because of his physical traits. He hasn't proven enough. I wasn't impressed watching him, and he had 20 TDs and 17, I repeat 17, INTs this year. Those are god awful stats

My son graduated from Oregon and I went to UNO so Oregon is my adopted college team to root for. I watch a LOT of Oregon football and really want their players to succeed in the NFL.

I just don't see Hebert as being anywhere near Burrow or Tua's level, at least not yet. I haven't consistently seen in Hebert the decision-making or timing that those guys have. His accuracy isn't really off-the-charts and he's not the "intangibles" leader or breakdown playmaker those guys are either. All in my uneducated opinion, of course.

That said, he's definitely got the physical tools to be successful, he's smart, and he's a great kid. So I'd take him if I had a top 10 pick and needed a QB, but I certainly wouldn't trade critical picks or assets to move up to get him.

Good post - thx. imho, intangibles are as important to a franchise level NFL QB as physical skills. We all know that to be successful in the NFL, QBs have to have good arms or athletic physically, but mental and leadership are imperative. I had never seen Hebert until last nite. Besides putting on an awesome passing performance, the kid walked around as if he owned the stadium. Not cocky, but totally comfortable in the spotlight. In the right system, he could be elite. He has leadership written all over him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom