Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. (2 Viewers)

All it takes is one injury to end a football career. Always go for the paper.
QFT, "paper" being an NFL contract at the earliest convenience. Advantage, Burrow.

Lawrence has already proven his upside, and is currently #1 as soon as available.

Unfortunately, as TT (and other hot, then injured college QBs) has experienced, your stock often has nowhere to go but down.

What you just said is IT.

The reason one person is Jeff George, and one is Drew Brees the best to ever play.

Not saying Trevor will be George, I think he could be good to great. As of today, he is not as good. He is just not

Right now Burrow by a mile....need a larger sample size on Trevor to be honest, don't know how much he will improve (or regress) in the next year or 2....

George was one of the most overrated QB prospects of all time...he had prototypical size, a great arm and was pretty accurate but he had mediocre at best field vision and had zero leadership qualities....Trevor is miles better right now than George ever was IMO....

I see what you did there.
Barking up the wrong tree as far as the Brees spin.

Lawrence has to play well first for him to earn that though. Maybe he has and I just caught two of the worst games of his career (which happen to be the rare good competition he faces).

Lawrence threw for 347 yards, 3 TDs, and no INTs against Alabama in the last championship game. A game they were expected to get throttled in.

What are you even talking about?

Lawrence threw for 347 yards, 3 TDs, and no INTs against Alabama in the last championship game. A game they were expected to get throttled in.

What are you even talking about?
Didn't see it to judge his play. If it was anything like what I did see, those were empty stats.

Didn't see it to judge his play. If it was anything like what I did see, those were empty stats.

Nonsense. I watched every minute of that game. They beat the consensus best team in the country by 20+ points and his 3 TDs were a big part of that.

You are just making crap up. You can like Burrow without being stupid about it.

Nonsense. I watched every minute of that game. They beat the consensus best team in the country by 20+ points and his 3 TDs were a big part of that.

You are just making crap up. You can like Burrow without being stupid about it.
Making stuff up?
I saw him play against Ohio State and LSU. I said if he played like those two games they were empty stats. Pretty straight forward.

If not okay, I guess that's where the hype comes from. Not exactly a great sample so far combining the two year against good competition.

Making stuff up?
I saw him play against Ohio State and LSU. I said if he played like those two games they were empty stats. Pretty straight forward.

If not okay, I guess that's where the hype comes from. Not exactly a great sample so far combining the two year against good competition.

If you think his performance against OSU was "empty stats," I'm not sure what you think real stats are. He threw for 259 yards, 2 TDs, and ran for another 107 yards and a TD. They won that game because of his heroics in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

If you think his performance against OSU was "empty stats," I'm not sure what you think real stats are. He threw for 259 yards, 2 TDs, and ran for another 107 yards and a TD. They won that game because of his heroics in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

I thought he was very inconsistent throwing the ball. His "heroic" running (because he couldn't get it done throwing) won't hold up in the NFL.

Their both great nfl prospects. Some people are saying this is the greatest season by a college athlete but it was only one year. Lawrence will have 3 years as a starter for a top 3 team and a ring. Barring an injury to TL he'll be #1 next year, and Burrow will be #1 this year.

That is a difficult choice, but I have to go with Burrow. My reasoning is that I have not seen a college QB with the full field vision and amazing touch on his passes, short and long. The guy has IMO a mind that sees things only guys like Drew Brees does as he approaches the line, giving him an amazing advantage knowing where are the week spot(s) in any defensive alignment.

Definitely Burrow, he is running an NFL passing offense at a level unprecedented in college.

Lawrence is that kind of guy who is a good leader, a good athlete, and a good passer - that's great in the ACC, but we see lots of guys with that skill-set be mediocre in the NFL.

Burrow is like a young Tom Brady, Lawrence is like Josh Allen

Neither

Cuz I hope my team never sucks that bad to even be in the conversation for them.

On to the analysis I like Joe but he has an unreal cast around him.

No team in the NFL has an embarrassment of riches like him at LSU. The browns are the close but not that good.

I expect some real growing pains for him in the NFL.

The kid from Clemson is gonna be a good player at the next level but he has produced with less talent and scheme than Joe has.

That might help him in the next level where nobody has great players at all skill spots.

I got news for you. Outside of two wide receivers LSU doesn’t have a lot of great talent

Show me Anything documented, before this season, that state LSU was loaded on offense. There was not one article, one talking head, one pre-season publication, one ranking system, that had LSU loaded with offensive play makers. They did not have a receiver ranked as one of the best, a running back, tight end or anyone else for that fact. So where did you get this info?

No one was saying LSU was loaded with playmakers and primed for a great season.

⚫⚫⚫️The ESPN top 100 Player ranking preseason for all position players

LSU had two players.

Delpit and Fulton. Both defense, both DB’s

NOT 1 player on offense ranked in the top 100

Clemson has

Justin Ross WR
Tee Higgins. WR
Travis Etienne RB
Trevor Lawrence QB

If you go top 150 it favors Clemson even more.

So tell me again how poor Trevor had no talent around him, while Joe had this embarrassment of riches?????????????

Oh and Clemson had 5 defensive players in the top 100, but I guess we need to wait for them to get some help there to.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom