Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. (1 Viewer)

football

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I had this debate in my head yesterday and for the first time ever I can't decide. I kept going back and forth. Speaking objectively, who would you take? No question Joe has a great year. Numbers don't lie. He seems to be NFL ready due to the fact he benefited from having Joe Brady. Burrow has a quick release, great touch on the ball, and pocket awareness. But you can't deny Lawrence is real good himself. He destroyed Alabama last year as a freshman. He came up big this year in the playoffs. And in the first quarter, I thought he played better than Burrow. He is the type of quarterback that at any given moment he will win it for you. Both players are tall. Lawrence seems to have a stronger arms but not as accurate as Burrow. Given Burrow now and Lawrence next year with experience, who would you take now? To me I just can't decide.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Didn't see it to judge his play. If it was anything like what I did see, those were empty stats.
Nonsense. I watched every minute of that game. They beat the consensus best team in the country by 20+ points and his 3 TDs were a big part of that.

You are just making crap up. You can like Burrow without being stupid about it.

Reaction score
Nonsense. I watched every minute of that game. They beat the consensus best team in the country by 20+ points and his 3 TDs were a big part of that.

You are just making crap up. You can like Burrow without being stupid about it.
Making stuff up?
I saw him play against Ohio State and LSU. I said if he played like those two games they were empty stats. Pretty straight forward.

If not okay, I guess that's where the hype comes from. Not exactly a great sample so far combining the two year against good competition.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Making stuff up?
I saw him play against Ohio State and LSU. I said if he played like those two games they were empty stats. Pretty straight forward.

If not okay, I guess that's where the hype comes from. Not exactly a great sample so far combining the two year against good competition.
If you think his performance against OSU was "empty stats," I'm not sure what you think real stats are. He threw for 259 yards, 2 TDs, and ran for another 107 yards and a TD. They won that game because of his heroics in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Reaction score
If you think his performance against OSU was "empty stats," I'm not sure what you think real stats are. He threw for 259 yards, 2 TDs, and ran for another 107 yards and a TD. They won that game because of his heroics in the 3rd and 4th quarters.
I thought he was very inconsistent throwing the ball. His "heroic" running (because he couldn't get it done throwing) won't hold up in the NFL.

No2DC

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Their both great nfl prospects. Some people are saying this is the greatest season by a college athlete but it was only one year. Lawrence will have 3 years as a starter for a top 3 team and a ring. Barring an injury to TL he'll be #1 next year, and Burrow will be #1 this year.

JvilleJoe

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That is a difficult choice, but I have to go with Burrow. My reasoning is that I have not seen a college QB with the full field vision and amazing touch on his passes, short and long. The guy has IMO a mind that sees things only guys like Drew Brees does as he approaches the line, giving him an amazing advantage knowing where are the week spot(s) in any defensive alignment.

Consiglieri

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Definitely Burrow, he is running an NFL passing offense at a level unprecedented in college.

Lawrence is that kind of guy who is a good leader, a good athlete, and a good passer - that's great in the ACC, but we see lots of guys with that skill-set be mediocre in the NFL.

sbadeaux

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Neither

Cuz I hope my team never sucks that bad to even be in the conversation for them.

On to the analysis I like Joe but he has an unreal cast around him.

No team in the NFL has an embarrassment of riches like him at LSU. The browns are the close but not that good.

I expect some real growing pains for him in the NFL.

The kid from Clemson is gonna be a good player at the next level but he has produced with less talent and scheme than Joe has.

That might help him in the next level where nobody has great players at all skill spots.
I got news for you. Outside of two wide receivers LSU doesn’t have a lot of great talent

Show me Anything documented, before this season, that state LSU was loaded on offense. There was not one article, one talking head, one pre-season publication, one ranking system, that had LSU loaded with offensive play makers. They did not have a receiver ranked as one of the best, a running back, tight end or anyone else for that fact. So where did you get this info?

No one was saying LSU was loaded with playmakers and primed for a great season.

⚫⚫⚫The ESPN top 100 Player ranking preseason for all position players

LSU had two players.

Delpit and Fulton. Both defense, both DB’s

NOT 1 player on offense ranked in the top 100

Clemson has

Justin Ross WR
Tee Higgins. WR
Travis Etienne RB
Trevor Lawrence QB

If you go top 150 it favors Clemson even more.

So tell me again how poor Trevor had no talent around him, while Joe had this embarrassment of riches?????????????

Oh and Clemson had 5 defensive players in the top 100, but I guess we need to wait for them to get some help there to.

Last edited:

DeuceMcAllisterFan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I got news for you outside of two wide receivers LSU doesn’t have a lot of great talent on their own. But they do have as a lot of players who played the system great and we’re made better by a great quarterback.

Show me Anything documented, before this season, that state LSU was loaded on offense. There was not one article, one talking head, one pre-season publication, one ranking system, that had LSU loaded with offense of play makers. They did not have a receiver ranked as one of the best, a running back, tied in, or anyone else for that fact.

No one was saying LSU was loaded with playmakers and primed for a great season. Now There were people And media Who said LSU had a good receiver or two, but not the best in the country.
There’s so much wrong with this post. LSU is as talented as anyone in the country when it comes to the skilled positions. Easily top 3 for sure.

Saintcd

Rookie
Reaction score
I got news for you outside of two wide receivers LSU doesn’t have a lot of great talent on their own. But they do have as a lot of players who played the system great and we’re made better by a great quarterback.

Show me Anything documented, before this season, that state LSU was loaded on offense. There was not one article, one talking head, one pre-season publication, one ranking system, that had LSU loaded with offense of play makers. They did not have a receiver ranked as one of the best, a running back, tied in, or anyone else for that fact.

No one was saying LSU was loaded with playmakers and primed for a great season. Now There were people And media Who said LSU had a good receiver or two, but not the best in the country.
shoot, until they brought in Joe Brady, they barely used wide receivers except to block. Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry are the top ones that come to mind in the last decade. LSU couldn’t attract top wr prospects because they were dead set on running the ball no matter what.

dapperdan

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I hear Joel Klatt on a radio show last week and they were talking about this. He said Burrow by far runs the better offense but individually man against man he said that Lawrence checks more boxes for the NFL game.

Personally, I have not seen Lawrence do anything with his arm that has ever impressed me. He is not an accurate passer and he seems to only connect with open receivers meaning he has to see the receiver open before he throws the ball. He can run but he is even less accurate out of the pocket and he gets flustered. It seems his big plays have to do with him running and I just don't think you want that in your NFL franchise QB.
You haven't watched Lawrence play much then. He has a golden arm. No one cares about his running ability. He had an nfl arm in high school. He lost his first game last night for his career and you say he gets flustered. Basically your whole post is BS.

The Moose

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

Ok so out of last nights matchup who would
I got news for you. Outside of two wide receivers LSU doesn’t have a lot of great talent On offense. Clyde is really good and will be a good NFL player, but he is not going to be the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd running back taken in the draft. LSU does have a lot of good offensive players who played great in this system, led by a great quarterback prospect.

I know this is too early for this and he does walk on water.

I think Joe is so rare this year because he graduated and is product of a system he was allowed to study like no other QB at that level.

It is like having a player getting NFL prepared to play in the NCAA. A major advantage.

Don't get me wrong I really like the guy but I don't see the greatness at the next level without a much similar cast and great coaching.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom