Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. (1 Viewer)

Joe is out of reach given our draft situation and that Brees is likely coming back. So we'll be discussing Trevor or no Trevor this time next year.

I had this debate in my head yesterday and for the first time ever I can't decide. I kept going back and forth. Speaking objectively, who would you take? No question Joe has a great year. Numbers don't lie. He seems to be NFL ready due to the fact he benefited from having Joe Brady. Burrow has a quick release, great touch on the ball, and pocket awareness. But you can't deny Lawrence is real good himself. He destroyed Alabama last year as a freshman. He came up big this year in the playoffs. And in the first quarter, I thought he played better than Burrow. He is the type of quarterback that at any given moment he will win it for you. Both players are tall. Lawrence seems to have a stronger arms but not as accurate as Burrow. Given Burrow now and Lawrence next year with experience, who would you take now? To me I just can't decide.
Burrow!!!! Lawrence is Young, and is not used to getting hit while trying to find receivers, is a very good runner, but that should end....Hell he has terrific running backs...."gun shy"!

If Clemson plays the same schedule LSU played this season we aren't even having this conversation......................it's as simple as that!!

Other than Ohio State and LSU they only played two ranked teams all season.......................Texas A&M was ranked 12th and Virginia was ranked at 23.

If Clemson plays the same schedule LSU played this season we aren't even having this conversation......................it's as simple as that!!

Other than Ohio State and LSU they only played two ranked teams all season.......................Texas A&M was ranked 12th and Virginia was ranked at 23.
And UNC gave them all they could handle too.

Honestly, I'd hate for my team to be in a conference like the ACC. It's literally a basketball conference with Clemson being the only legit year-to-year football program. FSU used to, but not in quite some time (sustained, at least).

I love both, and both are deserving of the top overall draft pick in just about any draft.

If forced to choose between the two, Lawrence is the most naturally gifted passer I’ve ever seen. I think schematics aided Burrow more than Lawrence, and I think Burrow had the more talented supporting cast. Was really shocked at how little Higgins and Ross won the middle of the field when I watched back on some of Higgins’ film. Lawrence was forced to throw mostly outside the numbers all season. Last year with Renfrow in the slot, you see Lawrence make a lot more diverse throws.

My god, the blind LSU/Burrow homerism/bias in this thread is insane. Burrow is great, and so is Lawrence. Just because you're a fan of LSU and/or Burrow doesn't mean you have to hate Lawrence or his intangibles/play.

Both have yet to take a snap in the NFL, and Burrow has so much more experience/talent at this stage in his collegiate career that it makes the two hard to compare at this point.

I'd love to see either of them in black and gold, and to be honest, I feel like the Saints will likely be in range to trade up for Lawrence in the 2021 draft if he declares.

Convince me that Lawrence is going to be a good NFL prospect without citing his size, arm strength and his 5 star status since childbirth?

I don't see what's so special about Trevor Lawrence. You saw what happened when he went up against an average defense.

I don't see what's so special about Trevor Lawrence. You saw what happened when he went up against an average defense.

I thought his Cam Newton impression was pretty spot on.

For all the talk of a big arm his accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. Especially in an offense like ours.

I really blows my mind how a lot of you speak negatively on a Tevor and only watch a couple of games. Most only watch LSU. The real question is how do you fall in love with guy who couldn’t beat out (not one but two) mediocre QBs. Then transfers (to one of few schools that actually wanted him) and becomes a one year wonder. And hate on kid that has been winning since FRESHMAN year! You people are funny

I really blows my mind how a lot of you speak negatively on a Tevor and only watch a couple of games. Most only watch LSU. The real question is how do you fall in love with guy who couldn’t beat out (not one but two) mediocre QBs. Then transfers (to one of few schools that actually wanted him) and becomes a one year wonder. And hate on kid that has been winning since FRESHMAN year! You people are funny
A lot of QBs would win with that schedule surrounded with that kind of talent. It's how Blake Simms and Jacob Coker won Natl Titles. Trevor just has a better arm like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell.

It's all about being in the right system. Brees wasn't a HOF QB until he was in Payton's system. Burrow turned in the best college season ever by a QB when LSU implemented a passing attack that was run by a former Saints assistant, one that had spent the past 2 years learning under Carmichael. So if your mind is having trouble processing why Saints fans are excited about Burrow, it's because he had a ton of success in a passing attack based on the one we have here. And on the biggest stage he balled out despite being put in a hole early while Lawrence choked.

Burrow by a wide margin.

The only small, lingering doubt is the WR corps Joe threw to. They were so talented it's possible that any decent college QB could have had a great season with them.

I like Lawrence a lot but he's not as accurate and gets rattled.

ETA: For those saying Burrow was a 1-year wonder, you're blind. He had a decent season last year in a run-first dumpster fire offense. His talent was easy to see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom