Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. (2 Viewers)

Lawrence looked really off last night. I'm not sure if he was hurt on the DL or just really shook by an intimidating LSU team.

I was a Lawrence > Burrow (by a little bit) guy but now I'm not so sure. It's close.

I think Burrow is the first quarterback I see who is making complicated NFL throws with ease. He was accurate with his throws even in tight coverage. And yes right now the edge is Burrow. But with Lawrence, he has time. He brought them to 2 national championship game. He has a stronger arm and looks stronger and faster. So I have to see how Lawrence progress next season. This debate will continue for me for a while.

Impossible to compare with a 3 year age difference.
Plus Burrow was taking grad classes online.
Announcers even said he was in the football complex more than some coaches.

Lawrence - full time student athlete
Burrow- full time employee
I highly doubt Trevor Lawrence spends much, if any, time worrying about classes. No star players do at any school if they don't want to. It's already known he isn't graduating and the NFL is going to be his career. Why would he waste his time with class?

Joe Burrow. And Trevor Lawrence is very, very talented. But I like Burrow’s accuracy/ball placement better, his ability to throw with anticipation, and I like his calm under pressure. Most importantly, I like his leadership and intangibles. He has moxie and you cannot teach it.

Let me end this right here... With the 1st pick in the 2020 draft Cincinnati selects.

Attachments

• Burrow Jersey.jpg
    Burrow Jersey.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 40
While their physical talent matches up pretty evenly, I'm going Burrow over Lawrence for a few reasons.
> Burrow throws receivers open. I have to admit I've only seen a few games of Lawrence, but I just see Burrow making things happen all the time.
> Burrow is tough and has overcome adversity. He has the drive and will to be the best he can possibly be.
> Burrow is cool as a cucumber, man. He just goes out and makes plays. He doesn't seem to let things bother him and snaps back from adversity quickly.

I highly doubt Trevor Lawrence spends much, if any, time worrying about classes. No star players do at any school if they don't want to. It's already known he isn't graduating and the NFL is going to be his career. Why would he waste his time with class?

All it takes is one injury to end a football career. Always go for the paper.

Attachments

• 18183tgkpy8a6png.png
    18183tgkpy8a6png.png
    243.3 KB · Views: 47
This is a really tough one, both can be generational players.

I know Lawrence will stay one more year in Clemson, but since we are talking hypothetically, if both were available at the same draft and I had the first pick, I will take Lawrence.

The only reason is because Lawrence has lost only one game, and have reached the finals twice.

But I really love the commanding presence of Burrow, the guy has it.

It is a Sophie's choice to me, both are extraordinary and I will be elated with either of them.
Burrow only lost 3 games against way better competition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom