Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. (2 Viewers)

You can't discount the CFB national championship in Burrow's head to head with Lawrence. One guy had the killer instinct and the determination to win no matter what. The other guy threw the ball into the dirt or into the stands. One guy focused, the other confused and apathetic. Joe Burrow all day over Trevor Lawrence.

Trevor beat Alabama because he's talented but was a freshman kid without any concept of what pressure was. Since that game the expectations were on as was the pressure and he had the chance to show he was the greatest college prospect of all time (since he was annointed that be every sports reporter on Earth) and he blinked. Trevor is very talented and is very marketable and beloved by the media, but he lacks the killer instinct to be at a certain level. He's not even the best Clemson QB, I'd take DeShaun Watson in college over Trevor Lawrence any day. And Watson took that competitiveness and killer instinct straight to the NFL.

Burrow and it is not even close NOW.

I can't predict the future.

Jeaux has it all.

Look at Trevor's inability to get the ball in a tight window.

Look at Trevor's OVER THROWS in abundance.

And Jeaux not only thoroughly outplayed Trevor last night, Jeaux did it UNDER PRESSURE for a lot of the game. (much more than Trevor had pressure.)

Last edited:
Completely unbiased opinion here (I typically only watch CFB footage leading up to the draft), but Burrow all day. He was getting hit and didn't get flustered. He was throwing the ball into tight spaces, throwing guys open, and was determined to win. Lawrence had the game on the line and threw a pass into the dirt. Not even counting all the high balls that he was lucky didn't turn into interceptions. I just didn't see a killer instinct, but having said all that, Lawrence is young and still has room to improve. He's got a lot of time to improve and I think he will.

I'm not an LSU guy, but Joe Burrow is an absolute killer. Trevor has sky high potential, but what Burrow did this year was absurd.

It depends on the team. There’s no wrong answer to be honest. I mean any team would be happy with either guy. Lawerence is younger and has a freakish physical profile while Burrow has some of the most advanced IQ coming into the draft. I don’t think age is a factor here because a guy like Burrow should be able to play well into his 30s while a guy like Lawerence will have to learn how to protect himself and develop as a pocket passer before his body breaks down from all the nasty hits he takes when he runs.

It depends on the team. There’s no wrong answer to be honest. I mean any team would be happy with either guy. Lawerence is younger and has a freakish physical profile while Burrow has some of the most advanced IQ coming into the draft. I don’t think age is a factor here because a guy like Burrow should be able to play well into his 30s while a guy like Lawerence will have to learn how to protect himself and develop as a pocket passer before his body breaks down from all the nasty hits he takes when he runs.
? They both run and put themselves at risk.

? They both run and put themselves at risk.

One learned how to slide and avoid taking big hits while the other has a habit of leaving himself open to taking hits. Lawrence is a huge target in the open field and he’s not a runner who looks to avoid taking hits in the open field.

Everyone in this thread says they are not bias but the homerism is clear. I think both are as close can't miss prospects as you're going to find. Burrow is a 25 yr old grad student, so he has a litlle more maturity than Trevor. What he went through at OSU clearly helped his development and will to win. Trevor beat Bama as a a freshman but it took Deshaun two times to say that. They're both are going to have uphill climbs because of the teams they're going to.

How much of the IT factor can you learn? Experience wise they both have started the same number of seasons.... While one has been spoiled as a great QB and the other been told not good enough.... Can the throws or BAD throws TL made actually coachable to correct that? Or failures like last night something that he will learn from or just go into a dismal disbelief like what we have witnessed with Newton after his Super Bowl loss??

Everyone in this thread says they are not bias but the homerism is clear. I think both are as close can't miss prospects as you're going to find. Burrow is a 25 yr old grad student, so he has a litlle more maturity than Trevor. What he went through at OSU clearly helped his development and will to win. Trevor beat Bama as a a freshman but it took Deshaun two times to say that. They're both are going to have uphill climbs because of the teams they're going to.
25? Get your facts right before calling other folks bias.

One learned how to slide and avoid taking big hits while the other has a habit of leaving himself open to taking hits. Lawrence is a huge target in the open field and he’s not a runner who looks to avoid taking hits in the open field.
He can learn, he's a true sophomore.

You can't discount the CFB national championship in Burrow's head to head with Lawrence. One guy had the killer instinct and the determination to win no matter what. The other guy threw the ball into the dirt or into the stands. One guy focused, the other confused and apathetic. Joe Burrow all day over Trevor Lawrence.

Trevor beat Alabama because he's talented but was a freshman kid without any concept of what pressure was. Since that game the expectations were on as was the pressure and he had the chance to show he was the greatest college prospect of all time (since he was annointed that be every sports reporter on Earth) and he blinked. Trevor is very talented and is very marketable and beloved by the media, but he lacks the killer instinct to be at a certain level. He's not even the best Clemson QB, I'd take DeShaun Watson in college over Trevor Lawrence any day. And Watson took that competitiveness and killer instinct straight to the NFL.

You are aware that Lawrence put the offense on his shoulders and won the national championship last year, right?

As of this moment in time, Burrow is better. But we are talking about a 3 year gap in age. Lawrence in regards to physical tools is just bonkers. He’s bigger, faster, and has a better arm than Burrow. He’s also been an elite QB for both of his college seasons, including winning 3 of four playoff games, all of which Clemson was an underdog. He’s an insane prospect, the physical tools to be right there with Patrick Mahomes.

The question is whether or not he can develop his game to reach the current level of Joe Burrow at age 23. And I can think of a reason why he couldn’t. Again, he may be the greatest Sophomore QB in college football history. At age 20, Joe Burrow wasn’t even a legit NFL prospect. Lawrence can close the gap in short order.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom