Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence. (1 Viewer)

You said Joe had an embarrassment of riches.

You said Trever won with less talent around him.

Is this correct?
No it isn't. You must be talking about someone else. I know Clemson has great talent also. I would take Joe right now too but I don't think someone needs to put down Trevor to do it. Both have great futures ahead of them.

You’re putting words in my mouth now. I never said such things. I simply said LSU is easily top 3 in terms of skilled players. I also said their success with due to a combination of things. It’s not complicated.

I Guess our big disagreement here is that I believe LSU has good talent, but going into the season based on last year, and everything that I’ve read and seen, I would have taken the talent on Clemson over the talent on LSU on the offensive side of the ball. Clemson had two receivers and a running back ranked in the top 100 LSU did not. I’m not a professional talent evaluator so I have to look at what’s going on on the field the results and also rely on the so-called experts to help me gage a teams talent base going into a season.

If you were able to see through the mediocre offense of output last year and see greatness in these three receivers then you’re obviously a much better talent evaluator than I am. Good for you.

I believe a good portion of what you saw from the offense of play makers on LSU this year is a result of Joe being that good versus a result of Joe being good because his playmakers were that good.

No it isn't. You must be talking about someone else. I know Clemson has great talent also. I would take Joe right now too but I don't think someone needs to put down Trevor to do it. Both have great futures ahead of them.

And you are correct it is the moose who said what I am saying you said so I don’t know how I quoted the wrong person but I apologize.

There’s so much wrong with this post. LSU is as talented as anyone in the country when it comes to the skilled positions. Easily top 3 for sure.

I saw this post and mixed it up with another. You are totally correct in the fact that LSU is easily top three maybe the best in the country in terms of skill position players on offense and usually defense year in and year out.

Now going into the season I didn’t think that and maybe it’s wrong of me because all I did was look at the production they had, how it seemed as though we could not produce a competent passing attack in anyway, and undervalued our skill players.

Since I’m not a professional talent evaluator, or even someone who know what to look for when watching individual players other than height, weight, speed, and the obvious things you look for, I took that information along with the information that I’ve read and used that to conclude that going into the season Clemson had better skill people, that obviously turned out to be incorrect.

Was it because Joe made them that much better, the scheme, or a combination, I don’t know. My personal belief is it’s a combination with Joe’s play being the biggest contribution. Obviously the system puts them in a position to be able to make plays but the players have to execute.

Definitely Burrow, he is running an NFL passing offense at a level unprecedented in college.

Lawrence is that kind of guy who is a good leader, a good athlete, and a good passer - that's great in the ACC, but we see lots of guys with that skill-set be mediocre in the NFL.

His predecessor at Clemson is doing pretty well in the NFL.

Burrow is an NFL level QB playing at the collegiate level.

Reading defenses, anticipating throws to spots, back shoulder fades, throwing the ball in stride for yac, moving the safety, pocket awareness, insane accuracy, he's got it all. His intangibles are even more though the roof.

Lawrence is Carson Wentz. Wildly inaccurate at times, throws up a lot of balls hoping they are caught by very talented lengthy receivers. He is nowhere close to being ready to excel at the next level. You saw that in spades last night. He'll need to make a huge jump in his 3rd season.

You are aware that Lawrence put the offense on his shoulders and won the national championship last year, right?

As of this moment in time, Burrow is better. But we are talking about a 3 year gap in age. Lawrence in regards to physical tools is just bonkers. He’s bigger, faster, and has a better arm than Burrow. He’s also been an elite QB for both of his college seasons, including winning 3 of four playoff games, all of which Clemson was an underdog. He’s an insane prospect, the physical tools to be right there with Patrick Mahomes.

The question is whether or not he can develop his game to reach the current level of Joe Burrow at age 23. And I can think of a reason why he couldn’t. Again, he may be the greatest Sophomore QB in college football history. At age 20, Joe Burrow wasn’t even a legit NFL prospect. Lawrence can close the gap in short order.
except Trevor Lawrence peaked as a freshman...

Ive never been impressed by Trevor, IMO he wont even make a decent backup QB in the NFL. Just watch him against any half decent competition, he really looks pretty average.

My god, the blind LSU/Burrow homerism/bias in this thread is insane. Burrow is great, and so is Lawrence. Just because you're a fan of LSU and/or Burrow doesn't mean you have to hate Lawrence or his intangibles/play.

Both have yet to take a snap in the NFL, and Burrow has so much more experience/talent at this stage in his collegiate career that it makes the two hard to compare at this point.

I'd love to see either of them in black and gold, and to be honest, I feel like the Saints will likely be in range to trade up for Lawrence in the 2021 draft if he declares.

My god, the blind LSU/Burrow homerism/bias in this thread is insane. Burrow is great, and so is Lawrence. Just because you're a fan of LSU and/or Burrow doesn't mean you have to hate Lawrence or his intangibles/play.

Both have yet to take a snap in the NFL, and Burrow has so much more experience/talent at this stage in his collegiate career that it makes the two hard to compare at this point.

I'd love to see either of them in black and gold, and to be honest, I feel like the Saints will likely be in range to trade up for Lawrence in the 2021 draft if he declares.

It has nothing to do with Burrow or LSU. Lawrence has been touted as this amazing sure fire #1 but if you watched him in the playoffs (the only time Clemson plays good competition) he hasn't been a good passer. His running ability isn't good enough to translate to the NFL. I heard he was playing bad for a good stretch early in their conference also.

I have been wanting to see this guy that everyone has been saying we should draft in 2021. I was unimpressed against OSU. His running saved their offense, the passing was ok at best. LSU was a complete flop. He has another year so things can change.

Last edited:
I have not watched enough of his games to form an opinion on Lawrence. He has superior arm strength and size, and as a freshman he destroyed Alabama on the biggest stage. At this moment, Burrow is more refined and more the finished product. I hear some comment as a criticism of Burrow that he is much closer to his ceiling than most college quarterbacks. The response is he is ready to play in the NFL now.

I would like to see Lawrence play week after week against teams with comparable talent. Until Monday night, he had not experienced adversity. I see the exceptional athletic skills, but on an emotional level, I am not convinced he is the next superstar. And he needs a haircut.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom