N/S Joe Burrow Season Tracker (1 Viewer)

I'll allow myself just one pipe dream post per year. Here's my uncharacteristically dreamy post for this year:

I'd love to see Burrow in black and gold after his four-year rookie contract is up with the Bengals. Of course, this would be after two-time SB winner Brees gives way to Winston for a few years of decent play ⚜

Do we need a thread for a non saints QB?
I get he played at LSU but this isn’t an LSU forum in anyway...

He's a player with a lot of interest around here. People are going to post about him - so actually trying to have just one thread instead of week to week threads about him is actually aimed to reduce the number of Joe Burrow threads rather than increase it.

There's no rule against "Non-Saints" material, that's why we have the "N/S" thread designation.

I get he played at LSU but this isn’t an LSU forum in anyway...

Nothing else going on, and I for 1 thought Joe was the most Pro-ready QB I had ever seen. I'm following him closely to see if my QB evaluation skills are any good. We'll be needing one soon unless Hill breaks out or Jameis stops throwing to the wrong team.

So thanks SC500!

People are going to post about him - so actually trying to have just one thread instead of week to week threads about him is actually aimed to reduce the number of Joe Burrow threads rather than increase it.
As long as it's less trouble than the last 'big' Burrow thread.

Thank God we had Lawn Guy Dave to get us through that one...

My wife and I were flipping past NFL Network last night and happened to catch a little piece on him. He'd definitely look better in black and gold than Bengals orange, but I'm looking forward to following his career from afar. I just hope for his sake that getting drafted by Cincinnati isn't a career killer.

I'll check with Coach Pete on this - lmao. Just kidding guys.

btw: He has a bunch of high school football players in the gym. Of course they are cocky and mouthy. Pete loves their energy. They were giving him crap about how old and slow he was. So he decided to race them all in the 40. He beat 2 of the kids then on the 3rd 40 he broke a bone in his lower leg. Even on crutches, he wouldn't allow anyone to help him. He didn't like us calling him Hopalong - lol. But he's doing better. It's actually pretty funny how he did it. He preaches to us not to try and do what we did when we younger. No one has the ballz to remind him of this - lol

I get he played at LSU but this isn’t an LSU forum in any way...
Here, have 8 pages of threads for Jameis Winston from the time he was at FSU to now.

How about 17 pages for Cam Newton?

First overall picks at QB get talked about a lot, no matter what school they went to. Might as well try to keep it limited to one thread given the amount of people rooting for his success (not just in Louisiana either).

I would say that this isn't TD(Tigerdropping) , but that place is a cesspool. So, I'd like to follow up on Burrow in a much better environment like here.
Bengals look good in camp this year. Players are excited to play with Burrow. Ross and Greene are playing that injury card and not participating in may reps during camp. Biggest drawback for Burrow is that the starting receivers are not developing a relationship with Burrows. Look for a some interceptions and throws into the air because receivers dont make proper adjustments in their routes that Burrow expects them to make.
Taylor has no cred and is not a disciplinarian like Payton is for the saints. If the Bengals do well this season it will be because Burrows willed them and pushed them to play well.

I have a feeling he'll be a guy who plays well through out his career, but staying with the Bengals will keep him Divisional round Playoffs at best.

The biggest question imo is whether or not his head coach and offensive coordinator are worth a bag of beans. They are both young and neither has accomplished much. Joe Burrow could be greatly talented, but if the schemes blow and the playcalling inept, I’m not sure what he’s going to be able to do with that.

Another potential problem is that Bengals OL looks pretty pedestrian, on paper anyway.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom