NFL Draft Joe Burrow (3 Viewers)

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I think we need to do what ever it takes to get Burrow. I don’t think it would take a Ditka type trade but we need him.

He checks off every box you could ask a QB to have. He doesn’t get rattled or make bad throws. He knows part of our offense already and executed it to perfection. He broke the record for highest completion percentage in NCAA.

And what ever test they were talking about where they tested the team for reactionary skills and other things he scored in the 90th percentile. He’s is the second coming of Drew and can keep this offense flowing when Drew retires.

harschman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Based on the draft value chart I looked at, assuming the Saints finish 30 to 32, we could trade all of 2020 and 2021's draft and still not have enough points! Lol
They have said that there are multiple charts out there and the only way that chart works is if the team you are trading with uses the same chart. There are teams that don't use the draft pick value chart at all. I don't know which ones they are off the top of my head, but it usually gets discussed around draft time.

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They have said that there are multiple charts out there and the only way that chart works is if the team you are trading with uses the same chart. There are teams that don't use the draft pick value chart at all. I don't know which ones they are off the top of my head, but it usually gets discussed around draft time.
Sure there may be some point differences here and there, and it is certainly all negotiable between the trading teams, but the point I was trying to make was that the value (whether in draft picks or players) to go from so low in the draft to #1 would more than likely be an insane price to pay.

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I think our chances of trading up for Tua are more realistic. We kind of have a thing for resurrecting career ending injuries,
This I can see. Mid teens. But he is 1 QB/player, that I could see the Patriots move up for. And knowing how Bellichick has a propensity for drafting Bama players and SEC players in general, it would not be a surprise at all.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Will Burrow pull a Manning? Can he forego the draft like Collins did with Dallas? I personally wouldn’t care if I went 1st overall if it meant I could choose where I’d play.

he’s going 1st overall to the bengals or 2nd to the dolphins at this point. Lord help him if he goes to the redskins.

I feel bad for these kids coming out that have their careers destroyed by perineal loser teams.

Meachemdat

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Now this would really be a downer. But they would need to move up from 6-7 to get him. I think they are going to go defense though at their spot.
TD would never do anything that intelligent. Look for them to draft a CB or yet another failed O-lineman.

boo-boo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Burrow will likely be a bust in the nfl
He will probably get drafted by a team with very few solid players and no players that you would consider great.
Tons of college qbs have turn to busts due to lack of players around him.
He will likely never play with the type of talent he has at wide receiver right now. Probably 2 to 3 first round picks between chase, Jefferson, and marshall

Last edited:

dd

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
College success does not translate to NFL success and that applies to the quarterback position more so than any other position. I'm not saying he will not be successful but there is no guarantee he will be. There will likely be late first, second and third round qb's who are as successful or more successful. I'm happy that Mickey and Jeff are picking players because they have no loyalty to LSU. Six qb's were picked before TB. Drew was a second round pick. Mitch Trubiskie was picked was picked second. Joe Montana was picked in the third round. Ryan Leaf was a number 2 pick. Jarmarcus Russell was a number one pick. High draft picks are limited when you have a winning organization. Positions that do translate from college to pro is kickers defensive and offensive linemen.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom