NFL Draft Joe Burrow (3 Viewers)

Trey W.

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I think we need to do what ever it takes to get Burrow. I don’t think it would take a Ditka type trade but we need him.

He checks off every box you could ask a QB to have. He doesn’t get rattled or make bad throws. He knows part of our offense already and executed it to perfection. He broke the record for highest completion percentage in NCAA.

And what ever test they were talking about where they tested the team for reactionary skills and other things he scored in the 90th percentile. He’s is the second coming of Drew and can keep this offense flowing when Drew retires.

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
What really sucks is that we're going to be dealing with this fantasy scenario for as long as Burrow is in the league and playing at a reasonable level. After every loss, or ugly win, we're going to be bombarded with comments like:

"We shoulda got Burrow"

"Burrow would have won this game for us"

"Wish we would have pulled the trigger and got Burrow"

"Payton hates LSU or else Burrow would have been ours"

"(insert starting QB's name here) can't hold Burrow's jock. Why couldn't we have drafted him?"
Doubt it. Not because I think Joe Burrow won’t be a decent pro, but because I think we’ll have moved on to weekly Myles Brennan threads.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, I agree completely. I think Burrow will be taken very high and I wouldn't be willing to give up what it would take to get him.
It's neither here nor there, because whoever has the Burrow Pick won't deal it away for any price.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Doubt it. Not because I think Joe Burrow won’t be a decent pro, but because I think we’ll have moved on to weekly Myles Brennan threads.
If Myles Brennan breaks all the SEC and team records, and goes 12-0, then we should make some Brennan threads. Barring, of course we don't take a good QB this year.

BELOWSEALEVEL

Almost Heaven :o)
Reaction score
Will Burrow pull a Manning? Can he forego the draft like Collins did with Dallas? I personally wouldn’t care if I went 1st overall if it meant I could choose where I’d play.

he’s going 1st overall to the bengals or 2nd to the dolphins at this point. Lord help him if he goes to the redskins.

I feel bad for these kids coming out that have their careers destroyed by perineal loser teams.
We were a loser team once

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
We can't get Burrow, period. No chance. None. Sorry!

Burrow will make Cincinatti great again.
As bad as it is in Cincy right now, at least this organization isn't the Redskins, Jets, Dolphins, Lions or Bucs who almost always seem to get things wrong (coaching hires, draft choices, free agent signings, etc).

Cincy has had success with Dalton although he wasn't the quarterback to get them over the hump in the playoffs.

So I have hope he'll do special things in Cincy.

But yeah he'll be the first player in the draft, that's a foregone conclusion now. Ohio born and raised, natural fit in Cincy.

mccombmike

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Burrow will never be a Saint.

If you want to dream something that is possible, I think the Saints have a faint shot at Tua.

Tua’s injury will hurt his draft stock. But I still think he can make it back. What really works in the Saints favor is that I don’t see Tua recovering enough to play meaningful minutes next season.

So imagine a scenario where Tua falls to about 10 and the Saints trade 2 firsts, Davenport style, plus more to get him. Next year he can sit. If Drew retires, worst case is we start Taysom for 16 games, which might not win a lot of games but would be fun as heck while our franchise guy slowly works himself into football shape.

It could really work, but it depends on about 10 teams deciding Tua’s hip injury is not worth the gamble.

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Burrow will never be a Saint.

If you want to dream something that is possible, I think the Saints have a faint shot at Tua.

Tua’s injury will hurt his draft stock. But I still think he can make it back. What really works in the Saints favor is that I don’t see Tua recovering enough to play meaningful minutes next season.

So imagine a scenario where Tua falls to about 10 and the Saints trade 2 firsts, Davenport style, plus more to get him. Next year he can sit. If Drew retires, worst case is we start Taysom for 16 games, which might not win a lot of games but would be fun as heck while our franchise guy slowly works himself into football shape.

It could really work, but it depends on about 10 teams deciding Tua’s hip injury is not worth the gamble.
Tua is not very mobile, and he's on the short side (just a skosh over 6'). That, and the injury should put him within reach. Saints draft choices aren't much good, our 1st is more like a 2nd.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
If Myles Brennan breaks all the SEC and team records, and goes 12-0, then we should make some Brennan threads. Barring, of course we don't take a good QB this year.
Even if Brennan does it like that, I'll still want Ja'Marr Chase. Dude reminds me of a WR I used to create back in PS2 era NCAA football and import to Madden.

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Somebody (Bengals, Giants) is going to get an outstanding QB. This guy has it all a team could want. Unfortunately I see no way for Saints to get him....
Right. I just hope he goes to an AFC team so we don’t have to face him often.

Reaction score
We managed to overcome the rickey williams trade rather quickly, so I say go all in for Burrow. He is by far the best pro style prospect this year and would be a big draw for ticket sales. Many people from Baton Rouge and surrounding areas aren’t really into the Saints. This would help increase the fan base. I know many would say well we don’t need them, but I say the more the merrier.
How is Burrow going to help with ticket sales when season tickets are already sold out? He may help season ticket sales in Cincinnati, but not New Orleans.

And forget those people. If they couldn’t be bothered to be Saints fans while we have arguably the greatest QB in NFL history under center for nearly the last decade and a half then we don’t need them period. If they want to jump on the bandwagon purely because Burrow would be on our roster then that shows straight up they’re fans of the player, not the team.

What really sucks is that we're going to be dealing with this fantasy scenario for as long as Burrow is in the league and playing at a reasonable level. After every loss, or ugly win, we're going to be bombarded with comments like:

"We shoulda got Burrow"

"Burrow would have won this game for us"

"Wish we would have pulled the trigger and got Burrow"

"Payton hates LSU or else Burrow would have been ours"

"(insert starting QB's name here) can't hold Burrow's jock. Why couldn't we have drafted him?"
Man, hopefully not. Y’all should have an admin/mod roundtable discussion and just outright start swinging the ban hammer at those posts when they start.

birdog

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I just have a feeling he ends up in New England....wouldn't that be a shame!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom