NFL Draft Joe Burrow (2 Viewers)

But there is so much buzz around him and his value is so high, even if I'm not sold on him, if I'm a GM I draft him and entertain offers. I just don't think you bet the farm on any QB - absent a time machine. And if I had a time machine, I'd just go back in time and bring a young Drew Brees back with me!

EDIT: Nevermind. If I stole a young Drew from the past I'd be changing history and our Super Bowl win. Bad idea! I need another cup of coffee!

Oh, I agree completely. I think Burrow will be taken very high and I wouldn't be willing to give up what it would take to get him.

It’s not gonna happen. Drew will likely play a few more seasons until the huge decline begins, so we can’t have a QB we gave up a ton to get sitting on the bench backing up Drew Brees.

I think coach really likes Taysom Hill and with Lamar Jackson’s success we might see Taysom as our future starter. If we were to draft a QB in this draft, I think Tua, Fromm, or Eason would make more sense. We not giving up a ton of draft capital to get someone that may not play for a few seasons. I would rather we draft a receiver like LSU’s Justin Jefferson with our first round pick. If not a receiver than maybe a starting caliber corner to play oppsite of Lattimore.

I think the record on a weekly "Draft Joe Burrow" thread is 10 pages. We are halfway there SR! Let's dig into those pockets and call in!

Last edited:
What really sucks is that we're going to be dealing with this fantasy scenario for as long as Burrow is in the league and playing at a reasonable level. After every loss, or ugly win, we're going to be bombarded with comments like:

"We shoulda got Burrow"

"Burrow would have won this game for us"

"Wish we would have pulled the trigger and got Burrow"

"Payton hates LSU or else Burrow would have been ours"

"(insert starting QB's name here) can't hold Burrow's jock. Why couldn't we have drafted him?"

What really sucks is that we're going to be dealing with this fantasy scenario for as long as Burrow is in the league and playing at a reasonable level. After every loss, or ugly win, we're going to be bombarded with comments like:

"We shoulda got Burrow"

"Burrow would have won this game for us"

"Wish we would have pulled the trigger and got Burrow"

"Payton hates LSU or else Burrow would have been ours"

"(insert starting QB's name here) can't hold Burrow's jock. Why couldn't we have drafted him?"

Doubt it. Not because I think Joe Burrow won’t be a decent pro, but because I think we’ll have moved on to weekly Myles Brennan threads.

Oh, I agree completely. I think Burrow will be taken very high and I wouldn't be willing to give up what it would take to get him.

It's neither here nor there, because whoever has the Burrow Pick won't deal it away for any price.

Doubt it. Not because I think Joe Burrow won’t be a decent pro, but because I think we’ll have moved on to weekly Myles Brennan threads.

If Myles Brennan breaks all the SEC and team records, and goes 12-0, then we should make some Brennan threads. Barring, of course we don't take a good QB this year.

Will Burrow pull a Manning? Can he forego the draft like Collins did with Dallas? I personally wouldn’t care if I went 1st overall if it meant I could choose where I’d play.

he’s going 1st overall to the bengals or 2nd to the dolphins at this point. Lord help him if he goes to the redskins.

I feel bad for these kids coming out that have their careers destroyed by perineal loser teams.
We were a loser team once

We can't get Burrow, period. No chance. None. Sorry!

Burrow will make Cincinatti great again.
As bad as it is in Cincy right now, at least this organization isn't the Redskins, Jets, Dolphins, Lions or Bucs who almost always seem to get things wrong (coaching hires, draft choices, free agent signings, etc).

Cincy has had success with Dalton although he wasn't the quarterback to get them over the hump in the playoffs.

So I have hope he'll do special things in Cincy.

But yeah he'll be the first player in the draft, that's a foregone conclusion now. Ohio born and raised, natural fit in Cincy.

Burrow will never be a Saint.

If you want to dream something that is possible, I think the Saints have a faint shot at Tua.

Tua’s injury will hurt his draft stock. But I still think he can make it back. What really works in the Saints favor is that I don’t see Tua recovering enough to play meaningful minutes next season.

So imagine a scenario where Tua falls to about 10 and the Saints trade 2 firsts, Davenport style, plus more to get him. Next year he can sit. If Drew retires, worst case is we start Taysom for 16 games, which might not win a lot of games but would be fun as heck while our franchise guy slowly works himself into football shape.

It could really work, but it depends on about 10 teams deciding Tua’s hip injury is not worth the gamble.

Burrow will never be a Saint.

If you want to dream something that is possible, I think the Saints have a faint shot at Tua.

Tua’s injury will hurt his draft stock. But I still think he can make it back. What really works in the Saints favor is that I don’t see Tua recovering enough to play meaningful minutes next season.

So imagine a scenario where Tua falls to about 10 and the Saints trade 2 firsts, Davenport style, plus more to get him. Next year he can sit. If Drew retires, worst case is we start Taysom for 16 games, which might not win a lot of games but would be fun as heck while our franchise guy slowly works himself into football shape.

It could really work, but it depends on about 10 teams deciding Tua’s hip injury is not worth the gamble.

Tua is not very mobile, and he's on the short side (just a skosh over 6'). That, and the injury should put him within reach. Saints draft choices aren't much good, our 1st is more like a 2nd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom