NFL Draft Joe Burrow (3 Viewers)

If Myles Brennan breaks all the SEC and team records, and goes 12-0, then we should make some Brennan threads. Barring, of course we don't take a good QB this year.
Even if Brennan does it like that, I'll still want Ja'Marr Chase. Dude reminds me of a WR I used to create back in PS2 era NCAA football and import to Madden.

Somebody (Bengals, Giants) is going to get an outstanding QB. This guy has it all a team could want. Unfortunately I see no way for Saints to get him....
Right. I just hope he goes to an AFC team so we don’t have to face him often.

We managed to overcome the rickey williams trade rather quickly, so I say go all in for Burrow. He is by far the best pro style prospect this year and would be a big draw for ticket sales. Many people from Baton Rouge and surrounding areas aren’t really into the Saints. This would help increase the fan base. I know many would say well we don’t need them, but I say the more the merrier.

How is Burrow going to help with ticket sales when season tickets are already sold out? He may help season ticket sales in Cincinnati, but not New Orleans.

And forget those people. If they couldn’t be bothered to be Saints fans while we have arguably the greatest QB in NFL history under center for nearly the last decade and a half then we don’t need them period. If they want to jump on the bandwagon purely because Burrow would be on our roster then that shows straight up they’re fans of the player, not the team.

What really sucks is that we're going to be dealing with this fantasy scenario for as long as Burrow is in the league and playing at a reasonable level. After every loss, or ugly win, we're going to be bombarded with comments like:

"We shoulda got Burrow"

"Burrow would have won this game for us"

"Wish we would have pulled the trigger and got Burrow"

"Payton hates LSU or else Burrow would have been ours"

"(insert starting QB's name here) can't hold Burrow's jock. Why couldn't we have drafted him?"

Man, hopefully not. Y’all should have an admin/mod roundtable discussion and just outright start swinging the ban hammer at those posts when they start.

I just have a feeling he ends up in New England....wouldn't that be a shame!

Burrow just had to go delete his twitter history for some questionable tweets. He’s not a perfect prospect. I’d be more excited about Taysom Hill than any QB coming out this season.
Yeah Apparently some holier than thou types were trying to black ball him for some dumb tweets he made when he was 13. No one that has half a brain cares what a 13 yo tweeted.

We managed to overcome the rickey williams trade rather quickly, so I say go all in for Burrow. He is by far the best pro style prospect this year and would be a big draw for ticket sales. Many people from Baton Rouge and surrounding areas aren’t really into the Saints. This would help increase the fan base. I know many would say well we don’t need them, but I say the more the merrier.
That may be the dumbest comment I've seen on this forum, and I've seen some stupid $#!+

Unfortunately, this is true... Burrow will go the Bengals, and that organization will ruin him. It sucks, but at least he’ll always have his Heisman and he’ll be rich.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit. I bet he won't feel bad playing for the Bengals. I get the love because Burrow has played for LSU for two season and is a great QB. What I don't get is how that has in effect elevated his status to Louisiana's native son. He should play for the Bengals and try to make them relevant. Dude was born and raised in Athens, Ohio, and was a Buckeye for two years. It's not like he was born on the bayou.

Unfortunately, this is true... Burrow will go the Bengals, and that organization will ruin him. It sucks, but at least he’ll always have his Heisman and he’ll be rich.

...until his rookie contract is up, at least. Remember, there's free agency now. It's not like when Archie was stuck playing for the 1970s Saints organization.

You don't give up your entire draft for any player. You remember that guy that Burrow broke a bunch of records of this year Tim Couch?? Yeah, he was a sure thing too. Most of LSUs games this year have been 7 on 7 drills. Guys aren't gonna be that open next year. Burrow could be a stud. He could also just as easily be mediocre or worse....and the odds of him being anything remotely close to Drew Brees is just astronomical.

If by some miracle he falls into the teens, you make a move...otherwise, no way

You don't give up your entire draft for any player. You remember that guy that Burrow broke a bunch of records of this year Tim Couch?? Yeah, he was a sure thing too.

I remember Couch well. He doesn't have half the desire and toughness of Burrow, not in college, not in the Pros. He compares better to Tom Brady, though he is far ahead of Brady at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom