NFL Draft Joe Burrow (1 Viewer)

I remember Couch well. He doesn't have half the desire and toughness of Burrow, not in college, not in the Pros. He compares better to Tom Brady, though he is far ahead of Brady at this point.

Yet....he had the greatest statistical season in the history of the SEC before this year. It's real easy to remember Tim Couch the Cleveland Brown and talk about his lack of toughness....nobody thought that when he was at Kentucky. Burrow has not played an NFL game yet...so I don't know how you can make that statement......

Yet....he had the greatest statistical season in the history of the SEC before this year. It's real easy to remember Tim Couch the Cleveland Brown and talk about his lack of toughness....nobody thought that when he was at Kentucky. Burrow has not played an NFL game yet...so I don't know how you can make that statement......
I admin that I did not look at a large size of his college work, but after some of the videos I saw, he didn't necessarily blow me away.

Granted the league is now more of a wide open passing league than it was at that time.

However after watching Couch's college highlights, most of his passes were extremely short. A lot of quick passes to the backs, slants and screens.

So far we see that Burrow is more capable than that.

Last edited:
But, but, but he’s thrown for more yards in a season than Tim Couch, Johnny Manziel, and Chad Kelly!

What makes Burrow the prospect he’s become are things none of the QB’s you listed comparable like his pocket awareness and leadership.....combine that with the most accurate passing % in the history of NCAA Football and I think he has a good case for a top pick.

But you made some people chuckle so there’s always that.

Last edited:
Face it guys. He’s gonna be a Bengal.
Correct.

Giants appear to be only team that could end up being the first pick in the draft besides Cincy. Although I think Cincy only wanted to avoid a winless season and will revert to their losing ways from here on out.

No he wouldn't. Name me one time Belichick has EVER done this in the draft. If anything he would trade and stack up additional picks and get a QB in the 3rd round.

I said he would if he could.

He can't because the Bengals probably won't trade away the pick. They need a QB.

I said he would if he could.

He can't because the Bengals probably won't trade away the pick. They need a QB.

And I'm saying even if he could (mortgage away his future for one guy) he wouldn't because he's too smart of a coach/GM to do that. So yeah I disagree.

And I'm saying even if he could (mortgage away his future for one guy) he wouldn't because he's too smart of a coach/GM to do that. So yeah I disagree.

I can never prove Bellichick wants him and you can never prove he doesn't want him because Burrow will (probably) be playing in CIN.

So there's no discussion. I was really alluding to Burrow's Brady vibe, not saying that Bellichick could actually get him.

I can never prove Bellichick wants him and you can never prove he doesn't want him because Burrow will (probably) be playing in CIN.

So there's no discussion. I was really alluding to Burrow's Brady vibe, not saying that Bellichick could actually get him.

I'm sure plenty of coaches want him but he's not worth going from a team competing yearly for Super Bowl's to the Miami Dolphins. I'm sure Belichick wants a ton of WR's out there but we see he didn't make a foolish trade to get one. He's smart.

I know. That's why he drafted Brady, and would draft Burrow if he could. He can't. A year or 2 with few draft picks is well worth getting a young Brady caliber QB.

Yeah and what round did he take Brady in? What round did he take Garoppolo in? How about Brissett? He's proven that he doesn't need the current hit of the week to accomplish what he needs to. I'm sure he wants a Kardashian as well but he's too SMART to mortgage his future for one. Again it's not about what Belichick "wants" it's about the "smart" thing to do.

...until his rookie contract is up, at least. Remember, there's free agency now. It's not like when Archie was stuck playing for the 1970s Saints organization.

Whoever drafts him can lock him in for 6-7 years

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom