NFL Draft Joe Burrow (1 Viewer)

Fromm has definitely regressed.
So did his WRs. Georgia lost Riley Ridley, mecole hardman, and Isaac Nauta.

Regression or not, he has the measurables and intangibles. Fromm is worth a strong look. Further, He has not played poorly this year. He has 3 interceptions on the year and all 3 were in 1 game

Then he will be a free agent like Bell.

And as a QB he’d lose out on more than twice as much money than Bell did by sitting out for a year. Not sure if Bell is the person you want to use as a measuring stick. ?

Y’all just need to accept that Burrow has as much of a chance as being the successor to Drew Brees as you or I do.

As much as I would like to see Burrow be Drew's successor or SP develop Taysom to be the successor, at the end of the day SP will get his guy and will develop him whoever that will be.

Unfortunately for Burrow, he will probably get selected by a team whose oline and run game is weak, that's why they lose. Many a quarterback who was selected high and had great college careers are a bust after being beat up. Those same players would have had successful careers had they played on good well coached and well drafted teams.

And as a QB he’d lose out on more than twice as much money than Bell did by sitting out for a year. Not sure if Bell is the person you want to use as a measuring stick. ?

Y’all just need to accept that Burrow has as much of a chance as being the successor to Drew Brees as you or I do.
1) There is more to life, even as a professional athlete than money.

2) One can argue that he will loose out on much more by remaining the QB of a terrible franchise.

Also, don't lump me in with those people. Burrow will be long gone before the Saints draft and I'm not even sure the Saints would draft him. If he gets drafted by the Bengals, I'm pretty confident that he makes a go at it because that's the vibe you get from him. I'm just here pointing out that you're wrong.

As much as I would like to see Burrow be Drew's successor or SP develop Taysom to be the successor, at the end of the day SP will get his guy and will develop him whoever that will be.
How can you be so sure of that? We basically got lucky with Drew, and as talented as Taysom is, it appears that he's still going to be a backup/joker.

How can you be so sure of that? We basically got lucky with Drew, and as talented as Taysom is, it appears that he's still going to be a backup/joker.

He developed Romo and tried to get Romo, but Dallas wouldn't trade him to us. Then we went after Drew and got him and took him to a completely different level. We were just lucky to have Drew for as many years as we have, but SP will get his guy and develop him whoever it is. I said in one of these other threads, and I think it was in reference to Taysom being the guy is that the only people freaking out about who is going to replace Brees is the fans.

He can sit out all he wants, he’d still be stuck in Cincinnati, not playing for another team, and wasting a year of his prime.

A player that is drafted but doesn't sign with the drafting team has to re-enter the draft the following year. See Bo Jackson.

1) There is more to life, even as a professional athlete than money.

2) One can argue that he will loose out on much more by remaining the QB of a terrible franchise.

Also, don't lump me in with those people. Burrow will be long gone before the Saints draft and I'm not even sure the Saints would draft him. If he gets drafted by the Bengals, I'm pretty confident that he makes a go at it because that's the vibe you get from him. I'm just here pointing out that you're wrong.

1.) I never said there wasn’t, I only used your own example about Le’Veon Bell to illustrate my point. Bell said he “wanted to play for a winner” then turns around and signs with the Jets. LOOOOL. More like “the highest bidder”.

2.) He may lose out on some by playing for a “losing franchise”, but it still wouldn’t be as much as he’ll lose by refusing to sign if one of those franchises wastes a very high draft pick on him. That shows the 31 other franchises in the league they may not be able to trust you, so why should they risk wasting one of their picks on him to pull the same stunt?

I agree on both that he’ll be long gone before our pick and regardless of where he’s drafted that he’ll commit 100% to that team, nothing in any of my previous posts stated the contrary.

A player that is drafted but doesn't sign with the drafting team has to re-enter the draft the following year. See Bo Jackson.

The discussion was about him playing through his entire rookie deal (including his 5th year option), not sitting out after being drafted.

He developed Romo and tried to get Romo, but Dallas wouldn't trade him to us. Then we went after Drew and got him and took him to a completely different level. We were just lucky to have Drew for as many years as we have, but SP will get his guy and develop him whoever it is. I said in one of these other threads, and I think it was in reference to Taysom being the guy is that the only people freaking out about who is going to replace Brees is the fans.
I forgot about Romo. Truthfully, Payton is an excellent coach and offensive mind, but i'm not too sure about finding and developing QBs. Grayson was a failure and the only decent backup was Chase Daniel. God forbid we have to start from scratch after Drew leaves, but if so, then we'll see how good he is in that area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom