Joe Burrow's draft stock (1 Viewer)

I was impressed with Tua last night. 20 days after ankle surgery and he throws for 400 yards against LSU? Phenomenal. Burrow’s accuracy is amazing. I definitely like his “intangibles” too. They both look like excellent pro prospects, The question I have, though, is what would Jordan Love look like playing QB for LSU and conversely Burrow if he was heading up Utah State? What if Justin Herbert was starting for Alabama and Tua was at Oregon? That’s for the pro scouts to figure out, I’m just an amateur.
Tua cost them the game and he is constantly injured....

Don't have time to look into atm, but curious. Has a Heisman winning QB ever not gone 1st?
Without putting more than 5 seconds of thought into it....Jamelle Holloway and Charlie Ward never even played a snap in the NFL, and Tebow and Mansfield played but barely. Also the possible MVP this year, Lamar Jackson won a heisman and wasn’t near #1.

Now that the college game and pro game is morphing together, shouldn’t be anymore of those extreme cases.

He's a lock barring injury or doing something stupid off the field.

Best thing that could happen is a bunch of pre-draft QB movement happens. Like if Miami trades their picks for Cam Newton. Cincy decides it wants Teddy Bridgewater or something.

A bunch of crazy events would need to go down to put us in a position where Burrow isn't 1st and we decide to give up a ton to make Burrow our guy.

While it wouldn’t shock me if he’s not the first QB taken, it would shock me if he fell out of the top 10. At this point. One can compare him to Manning, Brady, and Brees but I wouldn’t anymore than I would compare him to Leinart, Weinke, or Rosen. Those last 3 QBs also carried the mantle of “most NFL ready” in their drafts. I think it’s harder to scout QBs like Burrow and Tua because the teams they play for have better talent across the board than say Brees had at Purdue.
It actually makes it easier to scout them. They’re playing with more NFL caliber players and AGAINST nfl caliber players. You can see what they can do with good WRs and against good CBs. You don’t have to guess whether his numbers would improve with better receivers, or whether he’ll be as good against better competition. He’s already proven it

Could he end up going #1?
Yes. He is big, smart, student of the game. Makes good decisions. Baller. To start the season most were thinking 3rd-4th round. I was praying he had a good year but he would slide into the top of the first round. He is clearly a top 5 pick now and may be the consensus #1 by the end of the season. Out of our reach.

457 total yards on Bama on the road. The last QB to put up 33 points in the first half on a Nick Saban defense was Drew Brees in 1999.

He just vaulted to #1 overall pick.

His projected regular season totals through the SEC CG are 4,600 yards 48 TDs, 6 Ints.

He's the most NFL ready QB since Peyton Manning.

This!

Don't know if he'll go first..but I do know one thing the young man has signed his name to a $40 mil signing bonus in the NFL on some team.
I don’t think he can get that. Rookie contracts are controlled by the collective bargaining agreement with the NFLPA. That’s why you rarely hear about holdouts anymore.

He'll surely be a top 3 pick now. Time for those few Saints fans that's still holding out hope to somehow get him to quit stressing themselves bcuz it ain't happening. If we do grab a QB in the 2020 draft it'll be a name like Eason, Fromm or Ehlinger

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom