Joe Burrow's draft stock (1 Viewer)

Depends what team ends up with the first pick. The Bengals would def take Burrow. Miami would prob take Tua. Atlanta prob take Chase Young. Redskins would take Young.

Burrow could go #1... depends on whether the team with the first draft choice needs a QB. If it's Cincinnati... YES. If it's Atlanta... the Falcons desperately need a pass rusher (Chase Young from Ohio State). If it's Miami... YES the Fins need a franchise QB desperately. If it's Tampa Bay (don't think so, but it could be)… YES I think they had had it with Winston. If it's the Jets... depends on what they think of Darnold.

Then there are teams that could trade up into that spot (very expensive but possible). It's a total unknown at this time. And, don't forget the 2018 draft, where the Cleveland Browns, having the #1 selection, decided to draft Baker Mayfield, whom almost no one had as the #1 draftable QB. Just too many unknowns at this time.

Yes, I think unless the team with the first round pick already has a great young QB, Burrow goes no1.

Burrow is more NFL ready than all the greats. Not saying he's the greatest ever, just more NFL ready. He'll start day 1 for some lucky team.

I can just FEEL Bellichick plotting to get his hooks on Burrow, some way, some how.

Burrow under the tutelage of Brady for a couple of years would be insane. The Patriots would barely skip a beat when Brady retires. Scary thought.

Burrow under the tutelage of Brady for a couple of years would be insane. The Patriots would barely skip a beat when Brady retires. Scary thought.
Not their style. The crazy thing is they have had at least 2-3 quality backups that starting with other teams now.

Yes he could end up going number one in an unbelievablely weak QB draft class.

I would like to see him not because that means he goes to a train wreck of a franchise.

He is gonna go to a bad team but how bad is the question.

Miami would suck. They traded away the whole team so they would have to hit on a number of players all at once to field a team.

The Bengals would be worse. Heck they are horrible without a stockpile of picks.

Want me to ruin your day?

The falcons could cut bait on Mattie ice and pick him. Trading Matt would free up money and Gain picks.

That would fix all the cap problems in one shot. New coaches always want their QB.

Just don't count out the falcons
Wow...lets hope the falcons don't get Joe, in the draft.

I don’t really have a rooting interest in college football, so I feel pretty unbiased in saying this: Burrow is among the one or two most impressive pro style college QBs I’ve seen. He’s outstanding. I’d take him over any other player at the position this year.

I remember a month ago, people would dog on ya and call you a homer for suggesting such a thing

I don't think that was unfair. He only had flashes last year, they were still pretty vanilla as an offense. He's really thrived in this new system. When he started dominating inferior opponents this year it was eye opening but waiting to see what he did in the meat of the schedule was reasonable. He passed all tests at this point. Just needs to finish.

Just to remind everyone, mock drafts a year ago had Will Grier going in the top 10 before Haskins and Jones. Kyler Murray was considered a mid rounder.

A lot can change between Thanksgiving and April. And it typically does.

Falcons can’t cut Ryan for a couple of years. His cap hit will take an absurd amount, roughly $79M. This has been discussed on TATF board

Just to remind everyone, mock drafts a year ago had Will Grier going in the top 10 before Haskins and Jones. Kyler Murray was considered a mid rounder.

A lot can change between Thanksgiving and April. And it typically does.

It can, but Burrow has played consistently well and against the toughest opponents on LSU’s schedule.

He has prototypical size. He’s mobile enough; moves around the pocket well and can gain yards on the ground. He can make all the throws, showing nice touch and accuracy. There hasn’t been a time this season where the moment has been too big for him. He always seems calm and composed, and presents himself as the consummate team guy. He’s playing at a high level on a team with big expectations, lofty goals, and playing the toughest schedule in the country. There’s nothing significant to not like.

It can, but Burrow has played consistently well and against the toughest opponents on LSU’s schedule.

He has prototypical size. He’s mobile enough; moves around the pocket well and can gain yards on the ground. He can make all the throws, showing nice touch and accuracy. There hasn’t been a time this season where the moment has been too big for him. He always seems calm and composed, and presents himself as the consummate team guy. He’s playing at a high level on a team with big expectations, lofty goals, and playing the toughest schedule in the country. There’s nothing significant to not like.

I like Burrow. I like Tua. But it also wouldn’t shock me if neither is the first QB taken in the draft. I’ve seen too many of these things go down. The combine, the private workouts, the interviews always seem to shake things up in unexpected ways.

Could he end up going #1?
Beyond that, I am totally convinced that he would absolutely be the BEST pick for the Saints and Louisiana in general. PR wise it would so be a homerun, not to mention his quality as a Pro QB in the Saints system, w/ 2 years of Joe Brady's tutelage. There is NO perspective you could evaluate Joe Burrow and not feel the same. Whatever we could get for Teddy would compensate for what we'd give up, to move up and take him in the 1st. Call me A HOMER all you want, but in this case, it would work out perfectly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom