Joe Flacco wants to be paid MORE than Peyton Manning (1 Viewer)

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
All these young guys are delusional thinking they are all elite...His camp actually thinks he is better than Peyton. I can't stand QBs that only win because of their defense, run game and receivers. The guy overthrows Torrey Smith so much, he has a big arm but average accuracy.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported on Total Access Monday night that Joe Flacco intends to target more money than Peyton Manning in contract talks with the Ravens.
Per Rapoport, Flacco and the Ravens will resume negotiations immediately after the Super Bowl. "I'm told his camp believes he is playing better than Peyton Manning," Rapoport reported. "Manning makes ($19.2M) a year; expect them to shoot higher than that." The $20 million-per-year figure is clearly Flacco's goal. The Ravens ought to be kicking themselves for not locking up Flacco when his asking price was more reasonable late last offseason. Jan 28 - 7:48 PM

Joe Flacco - Baltimore Ravens - 2013 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

mcnabb.gif

the crazy thing is he's probably going to get close to the money he's asking for

Yeah and I wanna tongue kiss T.Brady's wife..... I don't see it happining.

Like many of us said all along, Drew's holdout was less about Drew and more about setting the bar. He's an NFLPA guy and he wants his fellow players to get paid as much as possible.

This will benefit us in the near term, as all these 2nd and 3rd tier QBs like Flacco and Ryan think that a little success means theyre suddenly an elite QB who deserves Brees money.

So while we get Drew Brees for Drew Brees money, other teams are going to be stuck with QBs like Flacco for the same price. Like if suddenly car dealerships were like "You'll pay $50k for an infinity... so now all Kias are $50k too"

I am sick of these average QB's thinking they are the next greatest. You have been to 1 Superbowl because of your Defense and you think you deserved to be paid more than Manning, a SB winner, future HOF and an actual elite QB? Get real.

lol i hope atlanta gives matt ryan more than brees i wouldnt mind them being hamstrung by salary while trying to recover in a post-tony gonzalez era.

Like many of us said all along, Drew's holdout was less about Drew and more about setting the bar. He's an NFLPA guy and he wants his fellow players to get paid as much as possible.

Problem with that theory is the SALARY CAP... All Brees did was raise the bar for QBs, the money will come from the pockets of his/their team mates.

Problem with that theory is the SALARY CAP... All Brees did was raise the bar for QBs, the money will come from the pockets of his/their team mates.

well its a problem for teams that dont have a great scouting dept/FO.

I will gladly watch Atlanta sign Ryan to a $100 mill 6 year deal only to see Julio Jones ask for $60 mill for 5 years in 2 years from now.

what to do, what to do.

Puff puff pass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom