Joe Flacco's agent said he should be the highest paid QB in the NFL (1 Viewer)

Or pay him want he wants AND watch your franchise fold ...

I'd take my chances with an up and coming QB who still hasn't reached his full potential yet, you don't find those everyday.. Mind you, I think his demands are pretty absurd but it sounds a lot better coming from him than it does Matt Ryan

They should have extended him prior to the end of the season and this would not have been as monumental of an issue.

Something realistic.

To him it's very realistic, this is business, not some media pundit's or fans qb rankings competition. He's going to try and get him as much money as he possibly can, and he'll probably get it or something very close to it. Again, it's HIS JOB to do so. It's not a hard thing to understand.

Flacco just came off one of the best playoffs EVER in the history of the NFL and won the super bowl. He was also the first qb ever to not throw an interception through the entire playoffs. If you're his agent and you're not trying to get the most money from his position you need to get a new job, and most likely would because you'd be fired. What are you going to say, hey guy great year, but you're not worth what these three guys are getting... You kidding me here? This is business not qb rankings.

or don't pay him what he wants and watch your franchise do just as well with someone else.

And run the risk of losing tons of revenue from completely blowing your team up. Easier said than done. Like it or not Flacco has all the leverage right now

They should have extended him prior to the end of the season and this would not have been as monumental of an issue.

This realistically is the root of the problem.. These GMs (Loomis included) like to take as much time as possible to assess these players' value, which in most cases benefit the teams but then you have odd cases like these where I'm sure Baltimore wasn't banking on Flacco winning a SB and being named MVP, it comes back to bite you.

I hope they make Flacco the highest paid QB ever. That drives up the price the Failcons have to pay Ryan, and the price the Cowgirls have to pay Romo. I want every other NFC team to have to pay their QB more than we pay Drew.

This is like when the Saints were 13-0 and they asked Reggie whether we could go 16-0 and he said "absolutely." What is Flacco's agent supposed to say? "I think my client should be the 8th or 9th highest paid QB in the league?" This is a non-story.

The thing is...its not up to the Ravens GM how much Flacco is worth....

Its up to the market, which sets the price.

Last night I had the privilege to listen to a great GM's perspective, on Sirius....Bill Polian.

I am a lot more smarter now than I was before. here's what Bill Polian said:

First, a GM must decide if the club needs Flacco that bad to fork out so much money....how much exactly, is unclear at this point...but if the club needs Flacco that bad, they cannot afford to lose him....period. here, the GM is asking if this guy is capable to win games which are iffy, and the Ravens are behind on the scoreboard. Flacco proved to everybody that he is indeed capable to win the game late....like he did in Denver.

Now the market kicks in......just how many QBs are on the market presently, who possess the qualities of Flacco?.....nobody?....then this is a sellers market. All the other great QBs are under contract at this point, so right now only Flacco isn't signed.

The next question the market will ask....how many teams are willing to pay Flacco the money he is asking?......the answer here is.....probably quite a few teams. That is the second most important factor deciding Flacco's value as a SB winning QB....

The 3rd most important question is.....do the Ravens have anybody to replace Flacco adequately, in case they have to release him?.....the answer is...no. they have nobody to replace Flacco with.

All these 3 things which are the most important thing in finding out Flacco's worth are in fact supporting the seller's market's position in the negotiations....in other words Flacco has all the leverage in the negotiations....

Isn't exactly this very same thing happened in the Drew Brees negotiations too?? In the end, Loomis had to fork out the dole what the market demanded.....this will be the identical thing with Flacco.

But the club also has some things working for them.....Flacco is young...much younger than Peyton Manning, or Drew Brees, or Tom Brady.....so they can offer Flacco a longer contract, than the 5 years contract offered to these QBs......say, Flacco probably will have to sign a contract for 7-8 years, so that will give the club some leverage in structuring the contract to be a bit more advantageous to them.

I totally agree with his agent. Flacco and Matty ice should be the 2 highest paid QB's, then their team can be strapped with salary cap problems too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom