Joe Horn on Marques Colston: (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm impressed with both of these guys. You've got Joe, the savvy vet, who see's his protege fast becoming the Saints #1 receiver, and he welcomes it with open arms - What a class act!

And then you have Marques - A kid who remains grounded and humble through all of the hype about his success, and wants to learn as much as he can from the savvy vet, Horn.

You've gotta love these Saints!

...'Horn said he has "hung out" with Colston a few times and has been impressed.

"His calmness, his humbleness and his eagerness to want to learn the game" make him special, Horn said. "I love Marques Colston because he listens. He wants to learn. He wants to get everything out of you that you have as a veteran. He's a quiet guy and his demeanor hasn't changed. That's what I tell him: 'Be yourself. Stay the way you are, don't change.' He's humble and that's what I love about Colston.".....

I have a feeling this is Joe Horn's last season as a Saint.

Joe's got a few more year's on his contract - Just renegotiated recently.

He'll be here. Not only will he continue to be a productive part of this offense, he's important to this team as Sean looks to his locker room and gameday leadership. Joe is a class act. Don't count him out yet.

Colston is already the number 1. Hes gonna end up drawing better coverage this week then Joe. That could mean a huge day for Horn.

Joe's salary next year and his injuries the last two years make it doubtful that he will be a Saint next season.

Joe's salary next year and his injuries the last two years make it doubtful that he will be a Saint next season.

Joe will be here, cruize. His injury this year is no comparison to last year. Joe could have played the last 2 games, but Coach Payton kept him out.

From Joe's own mouth, he's played at 50% in the past and still been effective. This coaching staff simply has a different philosophy when it comes to injuries.

Coach knows how important it is to have Joe healthy for the stretch run.

Regarding next year, until the Saints find another #2 that can compliment Marques like Joe (I.E. Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne - Indy), Joe will be here.

He's played with double coverage since his first season, and still put up better numbers than any receiver before him. Now that Marques will be getting the doubles, Joe will be a monster in 1 on 1's.

He's a Saint until he retires.

Last edited:
i hope not, we need this offense to stay together for a couple years so we can work on the D and win a championship!

Joe's got a few more year's on his contract - Just renegotiated recently.

He'll be here. Not only will he continue to be a productive part of this offense, he's important to this team as Sean looks to his locker room and gameday leadership. Joe is a class act. Don't count him out yet.

Was that renegoiated recently? Thing is that, if you go look at Joe's contract (at least the current one at NFLPA website) his contract REALLY escalates after this season. He'll be making 4-5 million per year for the remainder of the contract:

Salary History
2000 450000.00
2001 500000.00
2002 1700000.00
2003 700000.00
2004 700000.00
2005 665000.00
2006 1635000.00
2007 4450000.00
2008 4730000.00
2009 5010000.00
2010 5290000.00

I like Joe and I hope he can stick around but unless he agrees to restructure his contract, I am not sure he'll be here.

imho, joe knows the team is in good hands, now, with colston, etc. if he is able, he will play maybe another year. if he thinks he will slow the team down, i think he'll bow out with a negotiation on this remaining contract (if that's possible). he has four (five?) really young kids to support, none even in jr high yet. that would be the only real factor that i can see to cause him to play past his prime or his heart for the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom