Joe Horn on Marques Colston: (1 Viewer)

Joe will still have great value for this team for years to come

He might (not) have lost a step, but he has great field presence and knows how to make those crucial plays. Don't underestimate his importance as the leader and mentor of the receiving corps. Colston has said more than once that Joe has gone out of his way to help him as much as possible.

Even with Colston playing as a veteran right now, we do need Joe and his leadership and panache when the going get tough

I even predict that Joe is going to have quiet a few very good years before retiring, with Colston on the field a lot of pressure is going to be taken of Joe, the same way that Reggies presence takes pressure of Deuce.

I Love this Offense :)

I do not understand how yall can say Colston is the #1 reciever now!!!

Is this because he has the best stats? He has not been moved into Joe's position that has been Copper.

In my opinion Colston will not be a #1 reciever! Do not get me wrong, Colston is a really good reciever, but as a #2 man. he does not have the speed of the #1 spot and if he was moved into that spot his numbers would drop much like Price did when Atlanta signed him and put him into their #1 spot. Not all recievers are cut out for this position and I feel that Colston will be a Pro-Bowler as long as he is kept in his current #2 position. Stats does not a position make!

Last edited:
So, in other words, he's not grabbing cellphones out of goal posts?

Was that supposed to be a jab at Joe, Random Fan?

Next time, why not also ask about all of the people he's personally helped in New Orleans since Katrina.

By the way, your forum handle is very timely.

Somehow I have to believe Peyton looks to the future and decided #87 would be on the team for a few more years. I expect to see Horn go on a tear in the last half of the season.

DITTO, BullDawg!!

I believe we'll begin to see that scenario evolve even more starting as early as this Sunday.

I have a feeling this is Joe Horn's last season as a Saint.

No way..........Joe can make the transition to a number two receiver and still be on this team for at least two more seasons before moving on! BTW: He's only in the second year of a seven year contact extension. He ain't going nowhere! He may even take a pay cut or restructure his contract in two years to remain a Saint. He told me that this is his last stop as a pro. I talked to him after he signed his big extention. He told me that he doesn't expect to play for anyone else ever. He said that the day Saints get rid of him, he'll know it's time to retire from the pros.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom