Joe Horn quote on Drew Brees... (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At 6 feet and 209 pounds, Brees is not particularly tall, fast or strong-armed. But his tough spirit appealed to the Saints, for obvious reasons. Brees has mastered an underdog’s mentality and passes it on to teammates wherever he goes.

“The first time he had us in a huddle, he let the guys know: ‘I’m here to lead you to a Super Bowl and anything else is despicable,’ ” Saints receiver Joe Horn said. “He was scrappy. He sounded like a warrior.”

I remember reading a comment that Horn said earlier in the year when he said that he and Brees could have a Manning/Harrison relationship. That is they don't have to be best friends to be good on the field.
Well, the thing is, I just can't imagine anyone not wanting Drew as their friend.

I remember reading a comment that Horn said earlier in the year when he said that he and Brees could have a Manning/Harrison relationship. That is they don't have to be best friends to be good on the field.
Well, the thing is, I just can't imagine anyone not wanting Drew as their friend.

What really impresses me about Drew (I had never seen the quote before) is that he came in here and assumed a "leadership" role immediately, and told his teammates exactly why he was here.

Not to question any of our other qb's, but I seriously doubt if that ever happened with them.

It's human nature to achieve only what you expect.

If you're public goal as a team is to only have a winning record, then that's probably all you'll ever do, if you're lucky.

If you're goal is just to make the playoffs, then that's where it will end.

If you believe you can become a SB team, and all the pieces are in place, with a little luck and effort, you may just get there, in time.

Even though we've been teased a couple of times, I don't think we've ever had a team that really beleived they could get there, with the right leader to lead them.

That's why I've always admired Montana, Elway, Jerry Rice, etc... Every season was about getting to the big dance. Anything less was failure.

Drew Brees is a leader, and I'm sure Joe recognizes that. He's never bad-mouthed AB, as far as I know, but I've read several comments that show he's much happier playing under a real leader. That's just my take on things.

Well, the QB should be the leader. We have been lacking this for quite some time, so we get happy when we finally have one, when all around the league it is the norm. Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Brett Farve are all leaders and it is about time that we got one. I think Brees is the ultimate competitor and we will only keep improving throughout his tenure in New Orleans and you have to love that.

I loved it when i read it. took a lot of courage to state that in your first huddle too i would imagine. Now we know exactly what he wants even if we kinda felt it anyway. Go Brees...........

Best QB to put on a Saints uniform ever.

Well, the QB should be the leader. We have been lacking this for quite some time, so we get happy when we finally have one, when all around the league it is the norm. Peyton Manning/Tom Brady/Brett Farve are all leaders and it is about time that we got one. I think Brees is the ultimate competitor and we will only keep improving throughout his tenure in New Orleans and you have to love that.

The thing is though, Drew is developing that relationship with Colston already. He's easily Drew's favorite target!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom