Joe Horn was best Saints receiver (1 Viewer)

No, he was a guy. Eric Martin did that before him...except that Eric Martin was usually stronger than the defenders. Joe Horn was like that but faster.

Moore was one of my fave receivers to watch play. He would be in my personal top 5

Until he proves it long term I am not putting him over Colston. It's not just stats...it's the person as well. Only time will tell

If you base it on the person...nobody beats Colston. But the best person doesn’t make the best receiver. Thomas has done it long term. He has had 5 elite seasons with the Saints, which is more than any other receiver in franchise history.

Last edited:
As a lifelong Saints fan, I strongly thjnk the best WR list is:
1) Mike Thomas
2) Eric Martin
3) Marcus Colston
4) Joe Horn

If you base it on the person...nobody beats Colston. But the best person doesn’t make the best receiver. Thomas has done it long term. He has had 5 elite seasons with the Saints, which is more than any other receiver in franchise history.

Colston had six 1000 yard seasons and two others for 900+. 10 good seasons here with 10,000 yards receiving and 72 TDs. If Thomas stays in New Orleans long enough to break those records then yes. But as of now he is only half way there. I said when we drafted him that I would be surprised if he stays with the Saints long term.

Colston and it's not close. One day MT will have the distinction....

I think many of us have over played the CGM isn’t there yet angle. If we are talking career wise, then I agree that there are better receivers as far as longevity to date. But this thread is just “best”. So the question is, would you give up CGM right now for any other receiver we have ever had in their prime? That answer for me is very clear already. Nobody we have ever had could step in and give us more than what he gives us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom