Joe Horns Future?..Per: Profootball Weekly "whispers" (1 Viewer)

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Our sources tell us Saints WR Joe Horn’s aching groin may not be the only reason the former Pro Bowl receiver isn’t seeing as much playing time in recent weeks. We hear head coach Sean Payton hasn’t been afraid to play journeyman WR Terrance Copper ahead of Horn, even with rookie WR Marques Colston sidelined by an ankle injury, because Payton has little patience for set-in-their-ways veterans like Horn.

You mean his physical reliability right? I don't see how they could question his desire or leadership. But I can see that physical reliability might be a concern for personnel decisions beginning next year.

That is BS. I think what is happening is an injury that Joe can't shake off................................................Old Age. I think that this fresh young squad helps Joe out and I hope he returns next year to provide that Veteran Leadership to our young WR's

Jim Henderson said yesterday during the game that the front office was starting to question Horn.
Playing 18 holes of golf at Chateau with a "groin injury" while your team travels and busts their butts on the road will certainly not endear you to any front office.

BTW Copper hasn't "started" over Joe Horn once. Joe has been on the field every play he has been healthy for. Same with Colston. The only players fighting for position is Henderson and Copper.

Jim Henderson said yesterday during the game that the front office was starting to question Horn.

good thing they signed him to that big deal. I think Joe will play until he can't anymore. He might not be the nasty pro-bowler but he still could be used to make those tough catches where you need reliable hands.

He really wouldn't be worth to much in a trade.

I think we saw yesterday how much we still need Joe. With Joe and Colston out our passing game went from one of the most dangerous in the league to nothing.

That report sounds like BS to me.

I think we saw yesterday how much we still need Joe. With Joe and Colston out our passing game went from one of the most dangerous in the league to nothing.

there was no need to pass yesterday...passing increases chances for a turnover.....out running game was able to get it done....

I dont think it is BS at all. Joe is at best a posession receiver these days and at worst he is a disgruntled veteran that can no longer perform at a high level much less stay healthy and contribute and to add insult to injury at times he is a distraction (see Chateau Golf Incident).

Our sources tell us Saints WR Joe Horn’s aching groin may not be the only reason the former Pro Bowl receiver isn’t seeing as much playing time in recent weeks. We hear head coach Sean Payton hasn’t been afraid to play journeyman WR Terrance Copper ahead of Horn, even with rookie WR Marques Colston sidelined by an ankle injury, because Payton has little patience for set-in-their-ways veterans like Horn.

That's funny and a bogus lie, particularly when Sean has been saying, Joe's leadeship is important and he likes what Joe brings to this team.

... Anything to sell a paper.

Playing 18 holes of golf at Chateau with a "groin injury" while your team travels and busts their butts on the road will certainly not endear you to any front office.

I must have missed this story? Do you have a bit more on it Canonized or anyone else?Thanks.

joe horn even called out the guy who said that on the radio....i would venture to say that it was probably mistaken identity

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom