Joe Horns Future?..Per: Profootball Weekly "whispers" (1 Viewer)

Playing 18 holes of golf at Chateau with a "groin injury" while your team travels and busts their butts on the road will certainly not endear you to any front office.

What's the deal, my friend? Coach Payton made Joe stay home for that game. You've got a problem with him playing golf? Big difference between hitting a golf ball with an injured groin, and getting smacked by a safety, corner, or linebacker.

Last edited:
joe horn even called out the guy who said that on the radio....i would venture to say that it was probably mistaken identity

Nope, Joe called the guy out for being a snitch.. He got caught. Joe admitted to it and said that his groin was plenty fine for golf, just not football.

I highly doubt the article also. My limited impresssion is that Horn and Payton have a good relationship. Horn is a guy who will always give you everything he has. As for just a possession receiver with declining abilities, I think I remember him catching a bomb in Atlanta.

I highly doubt the article also. My limited impresssion is that Horn and Payton have a good relationship. Horn is a guy who will always give you everything he has. As for just a possession receiver with declining abilities, I think I remember him catching a bomb in Atlanta.

Uhm, Copper and Henderson caught bombs, not Joe..

Nope, Joe called the guy out for being a snitch.. He got caught. Joe admitted to it and said that his groin was plenty fine for golf, just not football.

oh i see....i had heard from someone else, not directly....even so, playing golf is nothing like playing football.....and payton was the one who made him stay behind....what was he supposed to do, stay home and play tiddly-winks???:hihi:

oh i see....i had heard from someone else, not directly....even so, playing golf is nothing like playing football.....and payton was the one who made him stay behind....what was he supposed to do, stay home and play tiddly-winks???:hihi:

On that same radio show, a few weeks ago, there were a couple of callers that insisted that they heard the same thing about Joe and Sean back then.. This is the 3rd time we have heard the same rumor. I am starting to believe that it may be true and we are seeing the last of Joe.

Yeah, he admitted to the golf incident. I just worry about the perception that gave his teamates. I personally wasn't bothered by it, but if there is one thing that may lend credibility to this story, that would be it. That said, he is still a leader, and I'm sure the coaches still want Joe in the lineup. I sure do.

i dont think there is any doubt joe is hurt, otherwise he would have played more yesterday, Kenny said that peyton told joe and the trainer "if you are goinf to shoot it, shoot it" - i never heard what happened other than Horn never came back.

but joe has become injured more often and missing more time which is the knock on older players more so than their inability to perform at a high level - joe can still play, maybe more of a limited role now, but the bad thing is he is 5+ mill against the cap next year, fine if he is healthy,

that was the cincy game, off the flea flicker

I've got 3 herniated discs in my back, I can play golf and not football. Same with a pulled groin, anyone can ride around in a cart and swing a club, running at full speed and cutting are not the same thing.
Then again Joe's a cancer ;)

I remember the golf thing.,.. I listen to WWL Sprotstalk everyday, and a guy called in and mentioned it. That was the 1st time I had heard it... and Kenny even elaborated.

But as far as Joe's groin... I had a groin pull... and mine was slight compared to Joe's (since he's been hurting for weeks now).. but I'll tell you this... I cant see how he even played golf on it because it hurts all-to-be-damned... can sleep comfortably... can't sneez...

It was very clear yesterday that Drew was uncomfortable with the passing game, wanting to throw down field but had to hit the check off reciever alot, resulting in Bush's big day. The Saints need both Joe Horn and Colston on the field.

It was very clear yesterday that Drew was uncomfortable with the passing game, wanting to throw down field but had to hit the check off reciever alot, resulting in Bush's big day. The Saints need both Joe Horn and Colston on the field.

You may be putting things in wrong order. Guys were not catching the ball, Devery and all Tight Ends, plus Deuce was killing them up the middle. No need to wing it around like they did against the last couple of teams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom