Joe Horns Future?..Per: Profootball Weekly "whispers" (1 Viewer)

It was very clear yesterday that Drew was uncomfortable with the passing game, wanting to throw down field but had to hit the check off reciever alot, resulting in Bush's big day. The Saints need both Joe Horn and Colston on the field.

You're right, BIGSAINT. That was because of the zone coverages he was seeing along with the blitzes. Most important thing: We made the adjustments. That's what good football teams do. I know we're not used to seeing that, but I'll try to get adjusted to good coaching and sound, fundemental football.

Some of those were also designed screens.

I've seen a few articles from Mike Detillier before the season and during the early part of the season that had Joe Horn listed with the other players that were "problems" that needed to be fixed. I was shocked to see his name in the list. I don't remember the entire list of players but I remember that the only two players from it that are still on the team are Joe Horn and Mike McKenzie. Maybe there is some truth to all this.

No need to let media or anyone else upset the apple cart at this point in the season. Jos'c contribution to this team can't be measured. If he was healthy no one would be complaining. Let's end it now and enjoy our season.

Golf could keep a fellow loose and keep his mind off of the injury altogether!

I have no problem with Joe playing golf so neither should anyone else! All you keep hearing is how JH has been a positive influence on this TEAM and I have no reason to disput it or question it. We don't need this kind of distraction so whomever is putting this rubbish out needs to be pistol whipped and banded from reportage'!

Golf could keep a fellow loose and keep his mind off of the injury altogether!

I have no problem with Joe playing golf so neither should anyone else! All you keep hearing is how JH has been a positive influence on this TEAM and I have no reason to disput it or question it. We don't need this kind of distraction so whomever is putting this rubbish out needs to be pistol whipped and banded from reportage'!

Unless of course it is true and he wont be around next year. I agree, golf can keep a fella loose, anyone wanna go play this weekend?

Unless of course it is true and he wont be around next year. I agree, golf can keep a fella loose, anyone wanna go play this weekend?

Naw....I would much rather play golf during the week when my employer is paying me to work.

Joe

The minute Joe caught that ball I saw him cramp up and knew he was not coming back -- its all BS --

I know one thing -- he's not worth the backloaded 3-5 million per year his contract calls for from next year to 2010. He's a terrific player, but he's no longer reliable. Hope he's willing to renegotiate.

Did you get this great info from the one and only Sean Salisbury!

This is just as dumb as that thread yesterday complaining about Joe sitting out.

I know one thing -- he's not worth the backloaded 3-5 million per year his contract calls for from next year to 2010. He's a terrific player, but he's no longer reliable. Hope he's willing to renegotiate.

Love Joe for all he has done, but you are dead on. For that kind of money you can get a guy like Anquan Boldin or Chris Chambers when they hit the market.

Joe has been a warrior for the Saints along time and has always marched to his own drum beat. I think that would continue to work to some extent if you can practice and play on Sunday. But this year (and last year) he has not been reliable on Sunday and that want cut it with this coach. He hasn't been the #1 receiver all year and would guess this is most likey his last year in NO. I wont necessarily miss him - the dance in the EZ after the flea flicker was abit embarrasing and soemething this lunch pail team really doesn't need.

As far as the golf thing goes...I would have to hear more about it. If the team was off and he was out playing golf it is probably a non-issue. If the team was otherwise working then it is a very big issue. Perception does count though and if you can't practive and you can't play but can find the time/energy to go play golf it just looks bad. But my guess is he doesn't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Face it; Joe is gone next season; I like his fire like all the rest but for the money he has tied up he is most likely gone; Though at the moment I wonder if that is the best decision unless we can get another F.A. in here.

For the money he will make next year there will be a ton of quality receivers available..
-- Man I just looked at the free agent class for next year, pretty thin.. Maybe you use Joes money to get a cb and draft another wr.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom