Joe Mixon - Draft (1 Viewer)

Now... could Ingram and Mixon co-exist in the backfield? a'la Duece / Pierre?

Absolutely they can. Mixon has some of the best receiving hands I've ever seen. He would be a home run thread on passing downs or we can go to a 2 RB set, and force a LB to cover Mixon (would be a matchup nightmare in our favor). Like we did with DM26 and Reggie

It seriously paid off when Kansas City took the chance on this sort of thing. Trade back into the fifth if he's still there or use the 4th if he far exceeds everyone else's value.

I wouldn't be shocked to see NE spend a 3rd on him. They have zero moral compass. Although they don't necessarily need him, but if they trade back, acquire some more picks, then it would fall in line with what they do

I'd bet a sandwich there is no way a team is taking him in the first 3 rounds, not a chance with the kinda PR hit it means. He'll be a steal in the 4th or 5th though. His talent is obvious and electric. But he's gonna pay for his terrible judgment on draft day, and rightfully so. That said, he's the kind of talent to give another chance to.

yes, yes, yes... I know.

I remember this topic about a month ago and I didn't chime in. Today, I'm scrounging around draft profiles and read up on him a little more. If this guy even touches Bell, our offense becomes something else all together. I don't have any beef with Ingram like some, but the day/night difference between Bell and Ingram is interesting. I can only imagine a Le'Veon in our backfield. Almost wouldn't be fair.

Not only is he a great runner, and much above average for a RB in the receiving department... but he can also pass protect. He is NFL-ready talent-wise.

Sorry, wouldn't want that punk anywhere near this team. NFL should not let him in the league. He should get the Ray Rice treatment.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nm1IYtVuRXk" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NoW61hvGAmA" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'm sure we've all seen these, but here's a reminder just in case. I for one, wouldnt even look in his direction at any given point in the draft. YES, HE'S AN IMMENSE TALENT, there's zero doubt there. But this 6'1 230 pound beast walked up into that spot, beefed with that woman and her little friends, and put that girl to sleep with his fist. Then he lied to authorities to protect himself and to lessen his punishment.

I'm all for 2nd chances, but some things aren't so easily forgiven, let alone forgotten. And what Mixon, Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, and those types of cowards do, can't be undone by simply saying "I'm sorry." And I'll wager a lot teams, coaches, and players in those locker rooms feel the same way.

If Mixon was a regular player, a back up, or not the star he was on that school; do you think that program and their coaches, would've been as patient and forgiving with him as they were? Let's pretend Mixon wasn't as good as he is. Or let's say he's just some guy who's going to that college. Seeing and knowing what you know about him, would you feel comfortable with him dating your daughter? Would you let her take that chance on him? Are we willingly looking the other way, cause Mixon has excellent burst for a man his size, ankle breaking quickness, with bulldozer power, and soft hands coming out of the backfield? Does having a spear for a stiff arm and being able to pass protect forgive him for breaking a woman's face, on some, "she hit me like a man" BS? Well, getting drafted in the 3rd RD, 4th, hell, getting drafted at all says it does.

As a football player, Mixon's easily a top 25 talent who has all the makings of a real life NFL star. But as a man, he should have 2/3rds of his pinky cut off for striking that woman, no matter what he claims she did. Besides, drafting another RB not named Leonard Fournette, would be a luxury pick that we cant afford to squander.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nm1IYtVuRXk" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NoW61hvGAmA" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I'm sure we've all seen these, but here's a reminder just in case. I for one, wouldnt even look in his direction at any given point in the draft. YES, HE'S AN IMMENSE TALENT, there's zero doubt there. But this 6'1 230 pound beast walked up into that spot, beefed with that woman and her little friends, and put that girl to sleep with his fist. Then he lied to authorities to protect himself and to lessen his punishment.

I'm all for 2nd chances, but some things aren't so easily forgiven, let alone forgotten. And what Mixon, Ray Rice, Greg Hardy, and those types of cowards do, can't be undone by simply saying "I'm sorry." And I'll wager a lot teams, coaches, and players in those locker rooms feel the same way.

If Mixon was a regular player, a back up, or not the star he was on that school; do you think that program and their coaches, would've been as patient and forgiving with him as they were? Let's pretend Mixon wasn't as good as he is. Or let's say he's just some guy who's going to that college. Seeing and knowing what you know about him, would you feel comfortable with him dating your daughter? Would you let her take that chance on him? Are we willingly looking the other way, cause Mixon has excellent burst for a man his size, ankle breaking quickness, with bulldozer power, and soft hands coming out of the backfield? Does having a spear for a stiff arm and being able to pass protect forgive him for breaking a woman's face, on some, "she hit me like a man" BS? Well, getting drafted in the 3rd RD, 4th, hell, getting drafted at all says it does.

As a football player, Mixon's easily a top 25 talent who has all the makings of a real life NFL star. But as a man, he should have 2/3rds of his pinky cut off for striking that woman, no matter what he claims she did. Besides, drafting another RB not named Leonard Fournette, would be a luxury pick that we cant afford to squander.

Ummmm, I'm not trying to find a Prince Charming to date my daughter. I'm trying to find a guy that can make defenses look silly in route to a possible championship. There have been hundreds upon hundreds (maybe more) of guys in the league (past and present) that has done what he did (some did worse), and there will be more. The NFL is a business and sometimes you have to take the gamble on these types of players. Am I into abusing females? Heck no, but I'm not judging this dude. What if her and her friend did use a racist comment towards him? Would his actions be justified? Idk, but I could see where he would be livid. Also, that serial rapist did wonders for us in 09!

Ignorance is bliss as they say. Because there's more than likely seriously vile people being cheered for right now, but their crimes weren't outed and swept under a rug.

Tyreek Hill gets a free pass for doing something even worse than hitting a girl who hit him first. Straight up strangled his pregnant girlfriend.

Guess there should've been video of it for him to get public enemy no. 1 treatment.

This thread reminds me of another thread that I read earlier.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/pretty-good-q-payton-365034/#.WKl3r39c7To

PAYTON: I just told the scouts in our meeting, ‘Man, the formula as we approached last year needs to be clear.’ We found guys that had passion, guys that were smart football players, it was important to them.

Zardnok says in his post which I agree with.

So starting out, he states that he wants smart passionate football players. We have seen this historically as troubled players or players with questionable desire have been passed over by this team. When we have given troubled players a chance, it has been a mixed bag with the Junior fiasco still haunting their decision making. I think we will again see players with questionable pasts removed from our board. I think anyone that has a questionable work ethic will be removed from our board. I think anyone that has had any semblance of playbook problems or academic problems will be removed from our boards. Smart Passionate Football Players.

Could Joe Mixon be be a smart, passionate football player?? Of course, but what he did was dumb. I don't know though I really struggle with this debate cause I see both sides. Dynamic talent on the field vs. questionable behavior and discipline off the field. Is it really worth it if he hasn't learned his lesson and does something dumb again?? Is it worth the suspensions and negative publicity to the team?? Meh, I don't know, so the debate continues.

Ummmm, I'm not trying to find a Prince Charming to date my daughter. I'm trying to find a guy that can make defenses look silly in route to a possible championship. There have been hundreds upon hundreds (maybe more) of guys in the league (past and present) that has done what he did (some did worse), and there will be more. The NFL is a business and sometimes you have to take the gamble on these types of players. Am I into abusing females? Heck no, but I'm not judging this dude. What if her and her friend did use a racist comment towards him? Would his actions be justified? Idk, but I could see where he would be livid. Also, that serial rapist did wonders for us in 09!

Then he would have said they were being racist to get public sentiment on his side. Have you been paying attention the past couple years? He so much as sneezes at another woman and he'll be suspended and ESPN will be asking to have him hung in the town square, and New Orleans to be stripped of a franchise for drafting him. He's a piece of work.

Oklahoma Sooners RB Joe Mixon told police he punched woman as a reaction
Then he would have said they were being racist to get public sentiment on his side. Have you been paying attention the past couple years? He so much as sneezes at another woman and he'll be suspended and ESPN will be asking to have him hung in the town square, and New Orleans to be stripped of a franchise for drafting him. He's a piece of work.

Yes, I have been paying attention. He stated that her friend called him that "you know what word". Not saying that exactly what happened, but it could have. Scroll up to Eman's post. Hill punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and tried strangling her. Mixon's act was out of retaliation. Stupid, yes, but not as severe as Hill's.

he punched a girl. pretty nasty punch too. no way i want him on my team. it sounds like just because other sleazeballs are in the league that somehow justifies having him on our team. we will not draft him. he doesn't fit the character they are looking for. he runs a huge risk of suspension. i don't watch football so i have to cheer for a guy like that. you guys can rationalize it, but i cannot. he fractured 4 bones in the girl's face hurray for him!

Lol, you are all kinds of hilarious! The NFL is def a business, but gambles like that tend cost you more times than not. And yes! We sure did win a title with a straight up rapist on the team. Hooray! Lets proudly put him in our HOF for helping us win a championship, all while managing to rape all those women without being caught. I mean, we did win the Super Bowl that year, right?

If that's your reasoning, then lets give Ray Rice a call and see if he has Greg Hardy's number, and lets bring them in and sign them. Theyre both good players that can help us win another title. Matter of fact, Rice is a better RB than Mixon, and he's already an established talent. Maybe we can also inquire about the availability of Aldon Smith, too. And while we're at it, lets see if we can make a move and bring Junior Galette back to NO. Shoot, the last time our D was any good was when Junior was here opposite Cam, remember? I mean, it's all gravy as long as these villains are helping us win games, it dont matter what they did. Now that totally sounds like something Sean Payton would sign on to, doesnt it?

All the reasons youre stating to validate Mixon, are pretty much the same excuses he and his supporters are tossing around. But no matter how you candy coat it, theyre still excuses. As for those hundreds upon hundreds of players, past and present, who've never ever been outed for these things that they may, or may not have done; youre kind of condemning the entire league, including the good guys, to excuse what Joe Mixon did on his own.

I'll use your man Sharper as an example, in which a guy can at the very least, hide his dark nature. And that's the key. At least Sharper was able to put on a front and hide it, cause he knew he was doing something sinister. Mixon, on the other hand, can't even control himself and hide it. I'm pretty sure he knew there were cameras there, witnesses all over, and he even said his boys left, but he stayed. That pure ignorance to the consequences tell me all I need to know about Mixon.

Dont remember if it was on the network or his podcast, but I heard DJ a while back talking about RBs, Joe Mixon in particular. He said something to the tune of, "Tyreek Hill getting drafted gives hope to guys who've been red flagged like Mixon." Tyreek Hill, lol! Like that's a positive thing. So guys who whoop up on women can say, hey! Tyreek Hill got away with it, now so can I. DJ and Bucky then agreed that they'd both pass on Mixon, but said all it takes is for one team to bite. And theyre right.

So on that note, even though personally dislike the guy, youre free to go ahead and love on Joe Mixon all you want. He is good player, after all. Go ahead and champion his cause, and all that, that's 100% your prerogative.

If you have to ask, the answer is probably no. There are just too many high character RB's at Mixon's talent level to even need to ask.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom