Joe Theismann: Saints NFC favorite (1 Viewer)

#1stunna

OIL COUNTRY
Reaction score
Theismann: I think you have to take a look at the New Orleans Saints as the favorite in the NFC. We saw them play their second game against an opponent for the first time this season and instead of the Tampa Bay Bucs exposing flaws and finding a way to beat them, the Saints easily defeated the Bucs even without star receiver Joe Horn. The Saints' biggest flaw offensively is their occasional overreliance on getting Reggie Bush the ball. But the defense has played excellent this season, while quarterback Drew Brees is putting up an MVP-caliber season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2651366

If there wasn't a player in the league named Peyton Manning, Brees would be my leader for MVP.

LT is making a strong case in San Diego..... However Brees would be in the top 5 no doubt.....

Getting an endorsement from Theismann is the last thing I wanted to hear. We're doomed. :covri:

I hear you and share your misgivings, but it's not that bad because Theismann (and some others) have a habit of merely stating the bleeding obvious as a sudden brilliant opinion. John Clayton is one of the worst offenders at this. As for poor old Gil Brandt...man, I love his fantasy advice every week...as in...

Indianapolis v anybody: I think I'd take Peyton Manning and Marvin Harrison this week.

Yup. Good advice, Gil. Thanks for that.

If there wasn't a player in the league named Peyton Manning, Brees would be my leader for MVP.

I know I may be looking at it with black and gold glasses on, but Peyton is expected to do what he is doing...its nothing new. Now Brees on the other hand took the reigns of a 3-13 team that was expected to just about the same. he's coming back from a major injury that some didn't expect him to be able to come back from. I think Brees has meant more to the Saints because of his decision making skills, etc because they Saints are at a place where most people thought they wouldn't be even with Brees at QB.

I know I may be looking at it with black and gold glasses on, but Peyton is expected to do what he is doing...its nothing new. .

Disagree with you on one point, mighty-cheese-devourer! The Colts defense was worse this year than last year.. and they're in "better" shape for a 16-0 run than they were last season.

Peyton's actually done more this year (IMO) to earn the MVP (if he gets it) than he would have done last year in the consideration for the award.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom