Joe Vitt - Hired by the Denver Broncos (1 Viewer)

He's related to Gase who he worked for in his last two stops after getting fired here. But you don't have to be related for nepotism to take place.
By definition, you have to be related for it to be nepotism. If the people aren't related it isn't nepotism.
Cronyism at its most extreme.
As AARPSaint points out above, hiring a close friend is cronyism, it's not nepotism. Both are similar in that they are both forms of favoritism, but one is when you favor relatives and the other is when you favor friends.

You saying it was nepotism made me think that I wasn't aware that they were related. That's why I asked.

Why are people still shocked that coaches hire other coaches they know? This is how the NFL functions. Hell, it's how many businesses function. Humans generally prefer to work with other humans they're already familiar with.

Why are people still shocked that coaches hire other coaches they know? This is how the NFL functions. Hell, it's how many businesses function. Humans generally prefer to work with other humans they're already familiar with.
That’s all true, but how many times have you seen a HC hire another coach he’s already fired previously?

Re-hiring coaches that previously left for promotions at other teams and didn’t pan out, yeah. But an assistant coach that same coach already fired? That’s pretty bizarre and out of the norm. That’s why I think it’s being discussed like this.

Broncos about to learn the hard way why Saints only had one SB appearance during the Payton era.

Or maybe it ends up with a Gary Kubiak / Wade Phillips result?

I would guess that a lot of Texans fans had snarky remarks to make when that duo took their act to Denver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom