Joe Vitt's anger, frustration and wit displayed in New Orleans Saints bounty appeals testimony (merged) (1 Viewer)

It was nice to hear someone speak up for the season ticket holders.

... like most NFL teams do, but Williams took it too far and wanted the players to actually go out there and really try and end opponents seasons or careers.

Clearly you are reading stuff into it that isnt true. Let's look at what Vitt said (remember this is a man that has no problem calling Mike Cerullo the idiot that he is)...

everyone understood that Williams' "schtick" and "false bravado" were over the top

Maybe you dont know what the meaning of the word "schtick" is or "bravado" is, but its not something meant to be taken at face value.

When your coach says, "go out there and kick the snot of them", it doesnt mean to go all Ndamukong Suh on them.

I am glad GW is gone, but lets not put him in the same class as the truly despicable bottom dwellers Jeff Miller and Mike Cerullo.

Anyone else notice that none of the major media networks are picking up this story? ESPN is the only one that has mentioned it & even then has it buried in a blog that only gives very limited information.

I don't know if it's just me but I had to stop halfway through the article titled Vitt Questioned Cerullo's Credibility. I was too overwhemed. More so than at any other time since this began. It's so wrong how all this happened.

As Saints fan, a lot of us feel "Football-wronged," but it's so much larger than that. This happens every single day in some form or fashion. On so many different levels.

People are being lied on right now. Someone is going to get wrongfully terminated or written-up or charged tomorrow. Right now someone is on death row that didn't commit the crime they're being accused of. Next week someone will be turned down for a job because their former employer lied on their dismissal papers. Some form of injustice, in massive quantities is being handed out in a perpetual cycle of half-truths and just flat out lies.

The big-time liars, the shot-callers - the ones who make and break the rules as they see fit - they're allowed to dole out as much faulty justice as they want to. And it makes me sick.

Reading Joe Vitt's rebuttals, I could picture myself in that position. People trying to mix in a little bit of truth with a whole bunch of lies and you're left to fight them with the only weapon you have: your mouth. Trying to squeeze as many of your thoughts into an allotted period of time, hoping someone is actually listening. They make you doubt yourself and second-guess what you thought was true. Then when you finally clear your head, when you realize what's going on - it's too late.

I know I'm rambling, but I was overwhelmed to the point where I started shaking and I needed to just get it out. Even though I can't physically change the outcome and I dont have a time machine to go back and make things different - I'm so far from letting this go. I'm not built like that.

I need to hold onto the feeling, the feeling that comes with being wronged. Maybe sometime in the future I'll be presented with an opportunity where I can actually do something about it. And I'll recognize it.

To realize how much turmoil they were dealing with behind the scenes the last 3 years and to still step out on the field and produce double-digit wins, I'm awed by their focus.

Ramble on. :9: You're making good sense, especially the part I bolded in your quote. To those who say, "Let's move on," I would say that there's a bigger principle in play here, not just the injustice done to the Saints and Payton, Vitt, Vilma, Loomis, Smith, Fujita, and Hargrove. PEOPLE ARE LYING and defaming others and are getting away with it. And the NFL goes its merry way promulgating more lies and supporting the liars AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT. The so-called justice system within the NFL and its sacrosanct CBA can't seem to get adjudicated by the real justice system. :jpshakehead:

I wonder. Was there ever an article written that shows this Oklahoma draft pick was a decoy? I can't find one. That doesn't mean there never was one. But it would sure help to either boost or dispute the truthfulness of Vitt's statement.

I wonder. Was there ever an article written that shows this Oklahoma draft pick was a decoy? I can't find one. That doesn't mean there never was one. But it would sure help to either boost or dispute the truthfulness of Vitt's statement.

The Oklahoma pick was a red herring in order to draw out Williams. They never intended to take anyone from Oklahoma and when Jeff Duncan posted it (assuming on Twitter) before the Saints selected they knew that GW was texting him the picks.

Man Duncan is smug. The saints "wisely didn't revoke his team credentials." He is delusional if he thinks his contributions are that important.

LOL, yeah because if Payton had then Duncan would have spent the next two years writing biased, slanted columns against him. Woulda been horrible.

When asked to elaborate on his claim that every team in the NFL had a pay-for-performance program, Vitt said, "I've get a text from Mr. Williams, if we want to see it, that he sent to me back in February, the first time that he was - the second time he was called into the league office, he says to me, 24 teams have reached out to me and asked me to take the hit on this because they all do it. Do you want to see that, Mr. Commissioner?

"Yes," Tagliabue said.

Vitt read the text: "For your information, I've had 20-plus teams reach out to me saying that I must stand firm to take the heat because all teams do this. (Expletive) me."

Interesting.

Man... I cannot wait to purchase & read S.Payton's next book. And Joe Vitt's, If he writes one. They will, of course, have to wait until the great Ommissioner is released from his duties before penning the whole story.

I'm gonna go make room on the old book shelf right now................

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom