Joe Vitt's anger, frustration and wit displayed in New Orleans Saints bounty appeals testimony (merged) (1 Viewer)

Remember, Triplett will be with Fiorio at 4pm today.

It will be more interesting than I expected.

Great article. I don't think his admitting that players were paid for good, clean, legal hits that happened to knock a player out of the game is anything any of us didn't know. I find it surprising that some here are reacting to this admission like it is some sort of new news.

Almost every article Florio has written about the bounty mentions that the Saints allege they paid for clean, leagal hits that may happen to take another player out of a game. That is what they did, that is a mistake, but that is not what the NFL accused them of (well not to the correct degree).

It's because quite a few on here thought it was all lies and we didn't do nothin'.

I think most of us realize we were in the wrong, but not any more so than other teams, and usually it resulted in a small fine for the team. But we got sent to the woodshed. It's just not fair.

Our system was probably more intense than most too, in all honesty. But where is the line between a 25k fine and massive suspensions, loss of draft picks, and major fines?

Splitting hairs my friend. In player safety there is no real difference between hurting and injuring.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Getting your wind knocked out hurts, but I wouldn't really consider that an "injury."

Its money for hard hits. If it causes hurt, cart offs, injury or hospital, it is what it is...and Payton + Vitt has admitted to it.

Damn, lets not be stupid here. Good news is, we know that all punishment has been rendered and we can start looking ahead and let this go. Seriously, the more we worry about it, ask questions about and keep bringing it up, the more people other than us Saints Fans link us with wrong doing.

I think the way many people view it, in regards to what the Patriots and Packers did compared to the Saints is like this.

Tom Brady gets find for using his foot to ensure he does not get hit while sliding, which is against the rules, and he apologized for it.
Fine-$10,000.00

Frank Gore gets fined for wearing short socks during a Nationally televised football game.
Fine-$10,500.00

Explain the justification. Anyone?????

It's too late now, could have done that when he was coaching this season. There was simply no edge, no vengeance this season when they talked about it all summer long.

I really don't like Jeff Duncan
Cleveland_Holt_singleF.jpg

Hey my name is Jeff And I work At NOLA.com

I think the way many people view it, in regards to what the Patriots and Packers did compared to the Saints is like this.

Tom Brady gets find for using his foot to ensure he does not get hit while sliding, which is against the rules, and he apologized for it.
Fine-$10,000.00

Frank Gore gets fined for wearing short socks during a Nationally televised football game.
Fine-$10,500.00

Explain the justification. Anyone?????

Or Trent Williams smacking Sherman after losing to the Seahawks in the playoffs: $7875.

Splitting hairs my friend. In player safety there is no real difference between hurting and injuring.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

That's a dumb comment bro.... There's not a football player, boxer, MMA fighter or another contact sport that doesn't try to hurt their opponent... But in the course of trying to hurt them, would regret if they injured their opponent or did something that caused a long term health problem.

That's the difference between hurt and injure.... Your comment is spoken like a person who has never played a contact sport... If you don't know the difference, you really shouldn't comment about things u don't understand.

If you're playing a contact sport and playing inside the framework of the rules, safety or lack of is an inherent to the game... Putting $100 buck on a legal hit doesn't make it's a bounty... It's just an incentive to do your job!!! Only rule broke is salary cap infraction!!! Period!!!!

Now, when someone shows me that the saints are intentionally trying to injure players with illegal hits, NOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM!! And the study done that has the saints ranked 31st in hurting people destroys EVERYTHING! Proves this is complete BS!

More good stuff here, more excerpts from the transcript:
Joe Vitt questioned Mike Cerullo's credibility during Paul Tagliabue's bounty hearing | NOLA.com

The investigators, Jeff Miller in particular, acknowledged that I did not give any money to a bounty because he said to me, you know, we heard that your wife is so cheap that you have a hard time getting lunch money every day. That was his comment to me. And I said, well, your wife must have a pretty good sense of humor, too, with the clothes you're wearing right now. So they acknowledged that.
Vitt on if Miller made other flippant remarks like the ones he made about Vitt's wife: "He was down at the game two weeks ago against the Philadelphia Eagles, and he was on our sideline. And he was over with our director of security, Danny Lawless, and he started laughing at Danny a little bit and said, 'Hey, maybe I should just go up to the sideline and say hello to Joe Vitt, he'd be glad to see me.' And Danny looked at him and couldn't believe it. He thought it was so funny, I guess, because I was just coming off my second game after my seven-week suspension.
"I guess it's a joke. I guess it's just a big joke. I can tell you, there's no one in New Orleans laughing, and no one in our organization is laughing. I'll tell you who is not laughing, is our owner Mr. Benson. Because Jeff Miller took a plane ride from New York down to New Orleans, and the way he talked to our owner, what he said to our owner made me want to throw up, to the point where Mr. Benson kicked him off the property and didn't let him back on the property; the third time when I talked to Jeff Miller at the Hilton.

And there is more here:
During questioning by NFL's attorney, Joe Vitt said Gregg Williams lied in his testimony | NOLA.com

I'm not familiar with Jeff Miller, but it sounds like somebody needs to knock his teeth down his throat.

"Sean has already said we're gonna put this behind us," Vitt said, referring to Payton's comments after he was reinstated by Goodell last week. "We're moving on. This part of the chapter's closed."

I think it's time we start listening to the coach as well.

I'm not familiar with Jeff Miller, but it sounds like somebody needs to knock his teeth down his throat.

He seems like a disgusting individual...

"I guess it's a joke. I guess it's just a big joke. I can tell you, there's no one in New Orleans laughing, and no one in our organization is laughing. I'll tell you who is not laughing, is our owner Mr. Benson. Because Jeff Miller took a plane ride from New York down to New Orleans, and the way he talked to our owner, what he said to our owner made me want to throw up, to the point where Mr. Benson kicked him off the property and didn't let him back on the property; the third time when I talked to Jeff Miller at the Hilton.

"This is - let me tell you something. This almost killed our owner. Our owner has done nothing but be a great owner in the National Football League the whole time he's been in the league. ... And now this guy takes a plane ride down and throws some documents in front of our owner's face, and our owner has got to kick him out of the building? That's what we're dealing with. That's fine."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom