Joe Vitt's anger, frustration and wit displayed in New Orleans Saints bounty appeals testimony (merged) (1 Viewer)

Not really---he still maintains the line between their idea of "hurting" a player versus "injuring."

There are a lot more interesting tidbits in that article that I'm sure we'll be discussing soon.

Why in the heck does any of us care???? Hell, we're punished and it's been a year of pain. For God's sake move on.....this testimony didn't happen today. Some people want to hold to the past. All I know is this....Peyton's back and it's time to get ready for the draft and 2013 season. I could careless if they paid each other to kill people. WHO DAT!

p.s. so if it changes things.....it certainly don't for me.

After reading that...I think Joe Vitt is awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Not really---he still maintains the line between their idea of "hurting" a player versus "injuring."

There are a lot more interesting tidbits in that article that I'm sure we'll be discussing soon.

Splitting hairs my friend. In player safety there is no real difference between hurting and injuring.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

No, This changes everything:

Vitt also shared a text he received from Williams that read, "For your information, I've had 20-plus teams reach out to me saying that I must stand firm to take the heat because all teams do this. (Expletive) me."

WoW! Great article! Love Joe Vitt! Greg Williams is obviously the cancer that caused this and a lot of other great people paid the penaltly.

No, This changes everything:
That probably explains why Duncan hates Payton -- that is probably just one of many incidents of the weasel Duncan trying to circumvent Payton for inside info. And Duncan resents that Payton doesn't like him..

But check the other statement. I agree with Vitt -- maybe he should move on to another capacity because as a LB coach, whatever else he brings to the table, his coaching and developing LBs has not worked out in the last 6 years.

"Vitt shared several insights about Saints players and coaches that weren't related to the bounty allegations. He divulged that Payton ultimately decided to fire Williams - or more accurately, part ways after Williams' contract ran out in 2012 - because he believed Williams was texting the Saints' draft picks to Times-Picayune columnist Jeff Duncan, which he considered the last straw in a number of conflicts with the coach.

Vitt also revealed that the only major disagreement he ever had with Payton came when Payton decided to fire former defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs after the 2008 season. Vitt told Payton that if he blamed Gibbs, he should blame Vitt too and fire him as well."

I would completely oppose injuring Roger Goodell...but I wouldn't mind him someone hurting him. See the difference.:scratch:

Joe Vitt's anger, frustration and wit displayed in New Orleans Saints bounty appeals testimony

Joe Vitt's anger, frustration and wit displayed in New Orleans Saints bounty appeals testimony

"If our players went out and performed what came out of Gregg Williams' mouth, and it went from his lips to their ears, and then it went to the performance, we would have people in jail right now ma'am," Vitt said to NFL attorney Mary Jo White. "We would have people in jail right now."

Vitt repeatedly described Cerullo as a "liar" and once as an "idiot." Vitt repeatedly threatened to sue Cerullo and offered to compare stories with him while hooked up to lie detector tests. Vitt recounted many of the alleged lies Cerullo told while working for the Saints - including the alleged story about his fiancée and a child being seriously injured in a car accident. And he referenced the time Saints Coach Sean Payton needed to ask for police protection for his family when he was out of town because he considered Cerullo a threat.

Splitting hairs my friend. In player safety there is no real difference between hurting and injuring.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
No. There is absolutely a difference.

This is a physical game. You are trying to hit people hard, cleanly and within the rules. That is very much the name of the game and when it is not it becomes touch football.

Trying to deliver the hardest legal hit you can is perfectly legitimate. If you don't like that concept, don't play the game. On the other hand, intentionally going low to take out a knee, alterning your agnle of impact to deliberately go after the head, piling on after all the whistle are all clearly things that cross the line from playing hard within the rules to trying to deliberately injure a vulnerable player.

That safety from the Ravens might be half right. In 30 years there may be an NFL but it may be unrecognizable compared to what it was up until recently. Maybe it will look like the Pro Bowl.

Why in the heck does any of us care???? Hell, we're punished and it's been a year of pain.

When you post in a thread it moves it back to the top. If enough people ignore the thread, it falls of the face of the earth. If people are still posting it means peoples still care.

We can't force people not to care, however if we don't like a topic we shouldn't post to tell others to not like to topic. It just puts the topic back in the spotlight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom