Joe, your Jeep is finally here (1 Viewer)

A 6 wheeled jeep truck with a steam engine has to be even better right? Well you can own it minus the steam engine.

a color called Gator

gator-jeep-gladiator-jpeg.6128

Yup, that's the color i want too. Normally I would want cloth seats but the brown leather they're offering is kick arse.

That said, I'm waiting until the diesel before I consider getting one. My brother is planning to get one as well.

Yup, that's the color i want too. Normally I would want cloth seats but the brown leather they're offering is kick arse.

That said, I'm waiting until the diesel before I consider getting one. My brother is planning to get one as well.

And here is the Topless....

6ca06d8a-b7e2-4d78-af04-5d92b3128f5f-JP020_049GL.jpg

Didn't realize that the Gladiator name has been around since the mid-60's. Yeah, it's a toy, but I'm assuming based on a real model? I was born in '69 so I cannot comment more than this. Well, I could, but it would be even more useless.

Hey @Joe OKC have you had a chance to drive the Gladiator yet?

I drove an Overland and Rubicon a few days ago. I was unimpressed with the Overland but VERY happy with the Rubicon. Unfortunately the dealer wanted $9000 above MSRP. Not a big deal because I'm waiting for Gator Green to get here. I'm going to have a hard time deciding between this an a Raptor. Another dealer I spoke to offered me 3% below invoice on a Rubicon. I told him to call me when the order banks open with Gator Green availability. So I'm in a waiting mode..

47824611691_6d181c9c54_b.jpg

I drove an Overland and Rubicon a few days ago. I was unimpressed with the Overland but VERY happy with the Rubicon. Unfortunately the dealer wanted $9000 above MSRP. Not a big deal because I'm waiting for Gator Green to get here. I'm going to have a hard time deciding between this an a Raptor. Another dealer I spoke to offered me 3% below invoice on a Rubicon. I told him to call me when the order banks open with Gator Green availability. So I'm in a waiting mode..

47824611691_6d181c9c54_b.jpg

Rick, what were the differences that led you to not like the Overland as much?

Rick, what were the differences that led you to not like the Overland as much?

Taurus, the main thing here is what my future Gladiator will be used for. The Overland is meant to be the 'luxury' version of the Gladiator while the Rubicon is the real off road machine. The Rubi comes with Fox shocks and can handle 35" tires without a lift. It has front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnects, a rock crawling drive mode, etc., etc., etc. The Overland has none of that.

Living in Colorado for the last couple of years, I've taken a liking to off-roading. I do it almost every weekend with the rest of my family. The Gladiator will let us do more of that and take the dog as well. I'll be getting mine next year when I have more negotiating power.

I test drove the First Gladiator the very day the damned thing hit the showroom here in Oklahoma... I love the turn radius.

Other than that.. I was a nice tall fantastic truck.. and a jeep... But the 50K tag and 19 MPH has me.. I am not ready for that kind of commitment yet... My life has always been too unstable for thinking of new car purchases... So I am going to save, re test drive and start evaluating the market shall I say...

Taurus, the main thing here is what my future Gladiator will be used for. The Overland is meant to be the 'luxury' version of the Gladiator while the Rubicon is the real off road machine. The Rubi comes with Fox shocks and can handle 35" tires without a lift. It has front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnects, a rock crawling drive mode, etc., etc., etc. The Overland has none of that.

Living in Colorado for the last couple of years, I've taken a liking to off-roading. I do it almost every weekend with the rest of my family. The Gladiator will let us do more of that and take the dog as well. I'll be getting mine next year when I have more negotiating power.
Aha. Nice.
My pickup would be mostly tasked with farm duty, hauling feed, dogs and hay. Along with carrying my kayak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom