Joey Porter Guarantees Steeler Win Over Saints Sunday (MERGED 3X) (1 Viewer)

Look at the Steelers stats. They are above average except passing defense and special teams. Without the turnover this team is easily 5-3. This will be as tough as against the Ravens. I hope our players keep a cool head and make fewer mistakes than the steel iron guys. Turnovers and special teams could decide this game

>>People use those words on the football field is just part of the every day habitat.

:shrug:

What?

TPS

When I read that article, it doesn't seem like a team that is confident they can will themselves to win. It mentions the internal bickering, and both Porter and Cowher's comments seem less than confident.

When I read that article, it doesn't seem like a team that is confident they can will themselves to win. It mentions the internal bickering, and both Porter and Cowher's comments seem less than confident.

This is an interesting point. I think that the team's ego is "fragile" right now. If we take it to them early, the wheels could, and probably will, come off.

That being said, they are a very confident group, also. If they get momentum early in the game, they can hurt you fast. The real test for the Saints will be to ride their early waves of emotion and keep the game close into the second quarter. If the Saints can do this (or even have a lead), then they can win this game. If they allow the Steelers to jump on them early, the Saints will be in for a long day and we will have witnessed the re-birth of the Champs.

Even Bill Cowher almost guaranteed a win, then backed off. You know that Payton caught that one.

Look at the Baltimore game and how we gave it away-IMO-and see how Pittsburg did the same in Denver. I think that they feel that we haven't earned the right to be seriously considered.

Last edited:
This is an interesting point. I think that the team's ego is "fragile" right now. If we take it to them early, the wheels could, and probably will, come off.

That being said, they are a very confident group, also. If they get momentum early in the game, they can hurt you fast. The real test for the Saints will be to ride their early waves of emotion and keep the game close into the second quarter. If the Saints can do this (or even have a lead), then they can win this game. If they allow the Steelers to jump on them early, the Saints will be in for a long day and we will have witnessed the re-birth of the Champs.

You took the words right out of my mouth. This article probably validates your perception of where the Steelers are right now: Wounded, but still very dangerous.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_STEELERS_PARKERS_TALK?SECTION=FOOTBALL&SITE=PAGRE

Absolutely right Syracuse. Take an early lead or a few turnovers early could deflate them fast. Not many teams can keep composure after some early mistakes (except the Saints). Hit em early. Hit em hard.

This game will be a dog fight. Pittsburgh might be overlooking us though.

This game will be a dog fight. Pittsburgh might be overlooking us though.

I don't think they're overlooking us... Not in the least! They're the reigning Super Bowl champs who find themselves lying in the coffin right now, trying to keep the lid from closing.

They clearly understand that one more loss, and they're merely playing out the string until #16 is over.

Mark my word - When we beat them Sunday (and we should), you'll see a complete melt down in Pitt.

Can't you say that about almost every team and every game in the NFL ? :shrug:

Yep.
I just wish that everyone would stop making excuses for the bad teams that were supposed to be good. Multiple turnovers, poor play in the secondary, a coach allowing an obviously injured QB to play with a perfectly servicable one sitting on the bench..... sound familiar? Remember when the Saints were in the same boat, and everyone was calling for the coach's head, and saying that we were terrible? The Steelers are 2-6 because they are playing bad football to this point. So what if stats show them top ten in both offense and defense.... the only stat that counts when the sun goes down is W-L count.
"If they didn't do this and didn't do that, they would be this and that." I think the whole coulda, woulda, shoulda deal should apply to every team, not just the Saints.

Good point, Wahoo.

You took the words right out of my mouth. This article probably validates your perception of where the Steelers are right now: Wounded, but still very dangerous.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN_STEELERS_PARKERS_TALK?SECTION=FOOTBALL&SITE=PAGRE

In their current position they have NOTHING to lose. They have been written off by everyone.

They can afford to loosen up and take chances: Blitz like crazy, trick plays, throw 60 times, stretch it deep every series, whatever.

This could be a very tough game because, yes, they are desperate and can give us fits. It's doubly tough because they are a talented desperate team.

It's gonna be a big challenge.

If we can get out of there with a win that will say a lot.

I haven't heard anything about Batch starting, but if Reothlisberger starts poorly we should be prepared to deal with Batch coming in off the bench.

In their current position they have NOTHING to lose. They have been written off by everyone.

They can afford to loosen up and take chances: Blitz like crazy, trick plays, throw 60 times, stretch it deep every series, whatever.

This could be a very tough game because, yes, they are desperate and can give us fits. It's doubly tough because they are a talented desperate team.

It's gonna be a big challenge.

If we can get out of there with a win that will say a lot.

I haven't heard anything about Batch starting, but if Reothlisberger starts poorly we should be prepared to deal with Batch coming in off the bench.

I completely agree - I did not look at it this way. The Steelers are known for their "gimmick" plays, too. You're right, they will probably pull every trick out of the bag. Good point.... I still have all the confidence in the Saints that they can win this game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom