Joey Porter Guarantees Steeler Win Over Saints Sunday (MERGED 3X) (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe this is what pressure is for a 2-6 Super Bowl team on the ropes.

Short, but very intriguing read. Looks like we can expect a dog fight Sunday. Steelers are taking an "all or nothing" approach to the game. That obviously can be good or bad for them. If it works, we lose. If it back fires, we win another one...

Much like what the Ravens did... With one exception: I don't think these Saints will be caught off guard, this time.

One of their leaders, LB Joey Porter is guaranteeing a Steeler win.

http://www.heraldstandard.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17442731&BRD=2280&PAG=461&dept_id=468632&rfi=6

If the Steelers want a smash mouth, do or die game, I think our Saints will oblige them. :hookline:

Awesome!!! If our boys were showing even a slight disregard for the team, this will wake them up.

Last edited:
I hope we just open it up on them. I hope they are way overconfident, which for 2-6 should be hard, but are the Champs right now. I was hoping for a good well fought vicory but I just hope we whip them in every phase of the game. Sounds like the offense and the defense are not happy with the other sides play, Willie Parker has said that they "aren't hungry" or something to that effect.

I can't wait, after the embarassing showing against Baltimore 2 weeks ago we need to make a statement against these AFC teams.....

I hope we just open it up on them. I hope they are way overconfident, which for 2-6 should be hard, but are the Champs right now. I was hoping for a good well fought vicory but I just hope we whip them in every phase of the game. Sounds like the offense and the defense are not happy with the other sides play, Willie Parker has said that they "aren't hungry" or something to that effect.

Chances are, Willie Parker's comments are all behind them now. Cowher's probably rallied the troops... Told them, "This game is our season." ... Reminded them of what the Ravens did to us... Told them we're improved, but we're not a Denver or Indy... Showed them the film of the 93' whipping they gave a winning Saints team... I.E. Anything he could do to fire them up.

This game just took on a whole new level. I am looking forward to it even more now.

As our NFL ROY, Colston says, " Every game is important to us now."

I hope that we stomp them really bad, actually more than any game so far except ATL. I hope we hit some more 50 yard TD's because those would look really good against the "Champs".

Pish. Joey Porter guaranteeing a win is like promising the sun will rise in the morning. Porter's currency is much devalued.

Intelligence is to Joey Porter like water is to the Sahara desert.

Every game Saints gotta prove experts wrong, we'll never be favored to win games against teams that had Previous winning records and became experts favorite flops.

Fortunately, our team has been through ups and downs already and I believe that since we were able to bounce back that Experience will prove to be PRICELESS. Getting Whooped by the Ravens made us mentally stronger easily !! We will go into Steelers country and play FOCUSED and TOUGH !!

I have a feeling this 'guarantee' will be made into a big poster and hung in the locker room first thing in the morning. At least it sounds like good billboard material to me. Also, I have a feeling Porter might wish he'd have held his tongue. He has a good chance of being on the wrong end of a "snot-knocker" or two this Sunday.

I knew we were going to get everything the Steelers had because of thier situation. This will be a good test for our young team. This will be a very hostile environment. There is nothing like winning games on the road in the NFL and it builds lots of confidence because it is so hard to do. One game at a time Saints. This is our most important game because it is the next game.

"We have to win a football game," coach Bill Cowher said at his weekly press conference. "I have a sense that we will do that."

Cowher immediately caught himself and said, "We are going to attempt to do that. I am not making any guarantees about anything. I learned that a while back."

What shocks me is that Cowher basically did the same thing. Makes me want to win this one even more.

You can feel the "no respect" vibe flowing out of those comments from Pittsburgh.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom