John Abraham could be visiting the Saints (1 Viewer)

He could be situational... yeah we'll run a 3-4 but in most "sub" packages we'll rush 4, and he could either rush form the inside or as a DE off.

Abraham wouldn't need that many (starter) snaps anyway. I just saw on NFLN that he's visiting Seattle next week as well.

Please no. I know it's just a uniform. But I just can't welcome a former Falcons players. Why I wasn't a fan of signing Lofton.

Well since you were so wrong about that one, I'm completely in favor of picking up Abraham too. For the right price of course but that hardly needs to be mentioned.

Did somebody say double digit sacks? And six forced fumbles, probably from hitting or stripping the QB?

Daaaaayyyyyyuuuummmmmnnnnn. I'd buy that for a dollar.

I've mostly hated him for the uniform. I can't think of anything personal about him I don't like ... which can't be said for Roddy White. He's old but regardless of who we sign, we've got a narrow window with Brees anyway, so it's got to be more about "what can you do for us today?" and not as much "what can you do for us 2 seasons from now?"

Sure, the ideal is to get both -- the immediate impact player with longevity -- but that's an extremely elusive combo.

Of course, the worst thing is to get a veteran who you don't even get 1 or 2 good seasons out of. But if he can still play and contribute AND be an upgrade, why not?

This

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

Did somebody say double digit sacks? And six forced fumbles, probably from hitting or stripping the QB?

Daaaaayyyyyyuuuummmmmnnnnn. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Half of his sacks came in two games against Oakland and Arizona. I'm fine with taking a look, but he's not going to be a difference maker in the QB pressure department.

:no: I welcomed Lofton with open arms but Abraham is trash. Don't let his sacks fool you. We can do much better. We got Lofton from the Falcons because we offered him a great deal. Abraham on the other hand was cut by them. He is not our treasure.

I've mostly hated him for the uniform.

The only thing I hate is his age. He is even older then Will Smith. Pass rushers need stamina. I agree he is a great rusher, but he will be taking a roster spot of another rusher that can produce for years.

I think Abraham wants to come to the Saints because he knows that Devery will not light him UP in practice.

I don't think signing Abraham would be in the budget. You wouldn't want to give him more than a two year deal which doesn't leave much time to stretch a signing bonus over.
Think we would be better off looking at younger cheaper alternatives ( I.e. Victor Butler--also knows Ryan's scheme).
Posted via Mobile Device

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom