John Abraham could be visiting the Saints (1 Viewer)

Abraham was one of the best pass rushers over the last decade, also one of the most underrated.

I'll pass. The last thing I want is another aging player to stand in Junior's way.

I agree he is a great rusher, but he will be taking a roster spot of another rusher that can produce for years
Totes but who is that going to be? I mean, isn't the problem that we haven't been able to get THAT GUY who has been and is producing for years for us? Apparently, it's not that easy .. for us.

Certainly can't load up on veterans at every spot and strategic stopgaps of vets are not long-term solutions. And it might stink, but I'm all for ANY kind of small upgrade on this D -- if Abe would be, I dunno -- NOW even if it's only for a year or two. Heck, keeping it in the Falcons, look at Gonzo. They knew they were only getting a couple years from him but what a coupla years he had .. at least against us.

I'm just so mad at this defense and the amount of positions that are taken up by perennial liability players.

Abraham >>> Smith.

Im sure if it came up the Saints FO would get rid of Smith for Abraham.

It isn't about Will Smith vs Abraham. They play two completely different positions in a 34. Plus Will Smith is as good as gone.

I'll pass. He's long in the tooth. I'd rather some young guys get in there and gain some experience. JA was a great rusher in his day, but that time has come and gone.

I'll pass. He's long in the tooth. I'd rather some young guys get in there and gain some experience. JA was a great rusher in his day, but that time has come and gone.

Don't look like its gone dude. He just had more sacks, and ff's then all our defense.

Don't look like its gone dude. He just had more sacks, and ff's then all our defense.

ATL had a better D than us last season and terrible as that sounds. Its no surprise he had better stats. I just would rather we get someone younger with upside. Nothing personal against him.

I don't know how I feel. For me, if Sean, Mickey, and Rob deem his age, fit, and salary to be appropriate then I'm all in. I just think he may come up a little short in all three areas.

really gets a bunch of pressure and sacks per rush, and tons of FF, one of the league leaders , at the right price, this guy would be a great role player for us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom