John Brady on his way out???? (1 Viewer)

This press conference is kind of sad. Usually John has great timing on his jokes but he stuttered through his jokes this time. He looks like he can barely make it through this.

Holy SHNIKES!!! He only had 13 players graduate in his 11 years as HC at LSU??? Is that right?

I read somewhere that this is the #1 class after adjusting for players who signed pro contracts.

Yeah, and I read somewhere that this class has more drafted players than anyone else's class, after taking into account the players who actually went pro.

Chad Jones and Anthony Ranaudo are the stars of the class

Where is the link for the class? I looked on rivals, but it does not appear they concern themselves with team rankings...I imagine it is hard with the pro signings.

I would like to read about some of our signings.

There are a couple coaches I wouldent mind seeing take the basketball job but most have some glaring issues. Someone like Tony Bennett would take a heck of alot of money to pry away from WSU, the coach of Western Kentucky, Darrin Horn, would be great but he and his wife are alum of WKU, and a guy like Scott Drew (who I actually like) only has his current season working in his favor at Baylor after several dismal seasons. Just having done some quick looking around there are two cantidates that I would be estatic to have as coach who could be brought on board fairly easily.

My first choice would be Johnny Jones the head basketball coach at The University of North Texas. As most here already know... He was a former LSU player (1980-84) and assistant coach under Dale Brown from 1984-1997. He was also the Associate Head Coach from 1994-1997. Some will connect him with the Lester Earl disaster im still not sure what to belive about that whole situation. In his time at LSU as well as his time as an assistant coach at Memphis (1997–2000) he was well know for his ability to recruit top talent. This last season he led UNT to their first ever Sun Belt title and was eliminated in the first round of the NCAA tournament as a 15 seed. UNT is currently 14-8.

My second choice (1A really) is the current head coach at Virginia Commonwealth, Anthony Grant. I dont have alot to say about him except that he is known to be an exceptional recruiter, he spent 12 years (10 at Flordia) as an assistant to Billy Donovan and he was associate head coach for the last four seasons. In his first season at Virginia Commonwealth he posted a 28-7 record, finished first in the confrence, and made it to the second round of the NCAA tournament by upsetting 6th seeded Duke.

Where is the link for the class? I looked on rivals, but it does not appear they concern themselves with team rankings...I imagine it is hard with the pro signings.

I would like to read about some of our signings.
Scouting report on Ranaudo
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/events/draft_report/y2007/index.jsp?mc=ranaudo
On Jones
http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/events/draft_report/y2007/index.jsp?mc=jones

The biggest loss was Drew Cumberland who was the 46 pick.

Hey that is awesome man thanks.

Is there a list of players from that class? I can just look them up one at a time from the links you provided.

There is a drop-down box on the links. There is a report on Cumberland, but I don't think there is any others. Cumberland I am fairly certain signed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom