John Brady on his way out???? (1 Viewer)

This is coming sooner or later -- although I don't see the point until after the season.

And Paul Mainieri better get his team back to where the fans expect (a regular visitor to Omaha) fast or his seat will get hot too.

And Paul Mainieri better get his team back to where the fans expect (a regular visitor to Omaha) fast or his seat will get hot too.

The baseball team will be pretty young this season. But they did bring in the number one class this off season and I believe 8 or 9 of those guys where selected in the MLB draft. I think they have a solid shot at getting to a regional heck maybe even hosting one but they are on the right track.

This is coming sooner or later -- although I don't see the point until after the season.

It's way too early to get on Mainieri. Look how long they put up with Brady.

I think the baseball teams in good hands. #1 recruiting class, so they'll be young and talented. Mainieri has a good selling point to recruits in the future with the new baseball stadium too.

Yeah...I know he's only in his second year, but I'm just talking about expectations.

He should get at least as long as Smoke got -- and in that period he needs to get to Omaha at least once.

Skip kind of ruined it for anybody that comes after him.

Yeah...I know he's only in his second year, but I'm just talking about expectations.

He should get at least as long as Smoke got -- and in that period he needs to get to Omaha at least once.

Skip kind of ruined it for anybody that comes after him.

Definitely. A lot of fans got on him after last season, but you gotta give him time to rebuild a program. Smoke did a horrible job recruiting and Maineri also has a completely different system (small ball opposed to power hitting).

With that said, he's got this year's #1 freshman class and it doesn't take long for baseball players to reach their potential in college. I expect a pretty big improvement from last year.

Baseball always has the top recruiting class. And they all sign pro contracts.

Well, knowing how Brady's tenure has gone, we are gonna beat Tennessee tommorrow and a lot of students will give him a fond farewell as he walks off the court. But in his post-game presser, he will blast the students and leave on a sour note.

I for one applaud Brady for bringing the team out of the crap Dale Brown left the program with and winning the SEC in his 4th season(first off probation). But as the advocate article stated, it isn't so much wins and losses as it is his attitude that rubs the fans and players the wrong way. I mean Kentrell Gransberry comes to LSU and after one exhibition game transfers to USF...now he is a projected lottery pick. Magnum never developed and had hands of stone, but we could've used him this year. I have no idea what happened to Jaime Lloreda...

I will be at the game tommorrow and I hope nobody makes classless chants againts brady but instead sends him off well and cheer on this team as they try to knock off a top-10 team.

Baseball always has the top recruiting class. And they all sign pro contracts.

Apparently not this year. That IMO is the toughest part about being a college baseball coach. You can't just go out and recruit the best players. You have to recruit the best players that you know will actually come play for you. That was a major part of Smoke's problem. He recruited great classes, but they guys he got to sign all went to play pro ball instead of going to LSU. It's a really tough balancing act. But, Maineri seems to have done a good job at it this year.

Let the Bobby Knight rumors begin (again). I doubt the b-ball program would be willing to dish out the $$$ to his demands.

Let the Bobby Knight rumors begin (again). I doubt the b-ball program would be willing to dish out the $$$ to his demands.

Personally I don't want Knight. I've never liked the guy. Yes, he can coach, but he is a horrible human being. That worked for him at Indiana because he was a legend. But, as the legend has faded with mediocre seasons, he can't get recruits and he loses the players he does get. He's alot like Paterno now. He still has some residual respect, but the best players in the country don't want to play for him. IMO, Knight is done.

The guy I would like to take a shot at is Tim Floyd, but there are rumors he is friends with Brady and would not take the job after Brady was fired.

Well I'm not saying I want Knight but it would be interesting to see him in the SEC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom