John Clayton just said Pierre Thomas is questionable, probably third RB; Clancy questionable, too (1 Viewer)

BlackNGoldblood

Cruisin' for a Bruisin'
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I wanted him for this game. That MCL he suffered in the first preseason game was obviously worse than what they've been reporting. Also, I wonder if his stitched up leg that was cut on his fence has anything to do with it. sorry if this has already been posted, but didn't see it.

Last edited:
I see no need to rush him back. Let him take his time and get back to 100%. They tried to rush Shockey back last year and he wasn't healthy for the whole season. They can't afford to make that same mistake with Pierre. I know he wants to get back on the field but the season is a marathon, not a sprint.

Man, I wanted him for this game. That MCL he suffered in the first preseason game was obviously worse than what they've been reporting. Also, I wonder if his stitched up leg that was cut on his fence has anything to do with it. sorry if this has already been posted, but didn't see it.

No need to risk him at this point. Mike Bell is doing quite well. Lets see how he does Sunday.

There could be a 'method to our madness', LOL.

We could, and will, have Pierre as the season wears on. But he won't be worn, he'll be fresh.

I know he doesn't want to sit on the bench and lose his job, but if he's patient this may work out well for all.

ddd

Oh, and Clancy is questionable, too

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS at PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
Status Report
OUT T Jammal Brown (hip), TE Darnell Dinkins (foot)
QUESTIONABLE DT Kendrick Clancy (knee), RB Pierre Thomas (knee)
PROBABLE T Jermon Bushrod (ankle), S Roman Harper (hamstring), CB Tracy Porter (knee), TE Jeremy
Shockey (ankle), S Usama Young (shoulder)
Practice Report
DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE
Wednesday T Jammal Brown (hip), T Jermon Bushrod (ankle), DT Kendrick Clancy (knee), TE Darnell
Dinkins (foot), CB Tracy Porter (knee), TE Jeremy Shockey (ankle)
Thursday T Jammal Brown (hip), TE Darnell Dinkins (foot), CB Jabari Greer (not injury related)
Friday T Jammal Brown (hip), TE Darnell Dinkins (foot)
LIMITED PARTICIPATION IN PRACTICE
Wednesday S Roman Harper (thigh, hamstring)
Thursday TE Jeremy Shockey (ankle), RB Pierre Thomas (knee)
Friday DT Kendrick Clancy (knee), TE Jeremy Shockey (ankle), RB Pierre Thomas (knee)

I see no need to rush him back. Let him take his time and get back to 100%. They tried to rush Shockey back last year and he wasn't healthy for the whole season. They can't afford to make that same mistake with Pierre. I know he wants to get back on the field but the season is a marathon, not a sprint.

I agree. On the interview from nola.com (I think), Pierre said his mindset was that he would be playing, but I think that's just his competitive spirit. I'd much rather he sit one more out and let the knee heal than to take a chance on aggravating it or worse. It's Payton's call.

Yeah, there's 14 more games to go after Sunday. No need to rush him back now. Just work him in slow, give him a few carries and see how he feels.

Yeah, there's 14 more games to go after Sunday. No need to rush him back now. Just work him in slow, give him a few carries and see how he feels.

I hear you. I've just been thinking how much it would hurt for us to lose this game, and then remember hearing Jeff Duncan say how gassed Bell was after the Lions game. Just wanted us to have two pounders in there. I wonder if Hamilton will get the call.

If Clancy can't go, wouldn't be surprised if Hargrove gets the start. They could move Grant or Smith inside and start McCray on the outside. I'd like to see what Hargrove could do as a starter. Grant and Smith were pretty much AWOL last week.

You can almost guaratee than when the words "MCL" (an abbreviation) and "sprain" are in the same sentence, it's usually a 3-6 week process before the player is in game shape. It seems as if he's on the worse end of that recovery span. They might as well rest him until after the bye. We should be able to win the next 3 games without him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom