John Clayton on Shockey (1 Viewer)

showstopper

Make it happen Loomis!
Reaction score
Sportscenters "Good call bad call" fans agree Shockey should be traded.Clayton agrees and says he needs a change of scenery and would best fit a team like the Saints.

I'd do a 2nd and no higher. If we hold out until draft day, they might settle for that. People overvalue draft picks. The dude is a proven talent and the chance of getting someone better than him with our 2nd are lower than the chances of drafting someone not as good.

And don't buy the bogus complaints you're about to hear about him (attitude and stuff). Payton knows him personally, we don't, and SP knows what types of people he wants on this team.

I'd do a 2nd and no higher. People overvalue draft picks. The dude is a proven talent and the chance of getting someone better than him with our 2nd are lower than the chances of drafting someone not as good.

And don't buy the bogus complaints you're about to hear about him (attitude and stuff). Payton knows him personally, we don't, and SP knows what types of people he wants on this team.

Conventional wisdom says that, but the truth is, trading or signing FA's has become just as big of a crap shoot as the first 3-4 rounds of the draft.

I'd give a 3rd for him and no more. The Giants don't want him, he doesn't wanta be there, and he is injured. Noway do I overpay for him. Let them sit for a while. If they wanta move him bad enough they'll do it for a 3rd.

I say next year's 4th and no more..people undervalue draft picks, which are vitally important to infuse new talent and to keep the salary cap structure in order...The Rickey williams trade essentially destroyed the team. and additionally, we'd have to re-sign shockey which will cost a bundle (what does he have left on his contract? one year? I would not waste a 2d on such a risk)...finally, the giants want to get rid of him. that's always a flag about a player....no, we are already missing a 4th this year...

He may have an attitude problem, but the guy earned my respect in that game where he continued to run people over without his helmet on.

He may have an attitude problem, but the guy earned my respect in that game where he continued to run people over without his helmet on.

That was Jason Witten this year.

And what are players supposed to do when they lose their helmet, fall down? You don't have any other choice but to continue to run. Players playing without their helmet isn't so special, IMHO. A better indicator would be if any player falls down after losing their helmet. I've never seen that happen and don't think I ever will.

I say next year's 4th and no more..people undervalue draft picks, which are vitally important to infuse new talent and to keep the salary cap structure in order...The Rickey williams trade essentially destroyed the team. and additionally, we'd have to re-sign shockey which will cost a bundle (what does he have left on his contract? one year? I would not waste a 2d on such a risk)...finally, the giants want to get rid of him. that's always a flag about a player....no, we are already missing a 4th this year...

Since there have been many different reports on exactly what Vilma cost us, I am not sure we have a 4th (or maybe a 3rd depending on his play).

If we take him with a 4th, and Vilma kicks butt this year, that'll mean no 3rd or 4th next year. Not sure it's worth it if that's the case.

Swap #10 to #19 with philly Get Lito Sheppard
Swap #19 to #31 with Giants Get Shockey
Pick with the #31 to Get Dan Conner/Jarod mayo/ etc.

We get three players from the #1 pick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom