John Clayton - Saints Look Unstoppable! (1 Viewer)

Careful Danneaux, I started a thread comparing Bell to a young Deuce and was almost banned from the board.

Lets see a healthy PT bust out and everybody will be singing his praises! They are all a part of this team. Reggie scored this weekend and set up another TD, and he don't count?
Last time i looked it took 11 guys to win as a team! i'm glad as anyone they are winning, and congratulate anyone who had a hand in it! Even Reis on special teams who recovered the fumble! Jenkins the rook , who put a heck of an open field tackle on his man!

It Takes all of them to Win! Plus they are all Saints , lets support them than berate them! Let's go Saints! All The Way!

thats why we need mike bell ..

I dont trust bush ... and I dont trust thomas ... REALLY!!

I will never trust bush to run a 3 down and short .. really ... he has good % but he just doesnt have the power and the vision ... mike has all of this and he have a lot of quickness to make fast cuts

I agree with you also and I like Pierre and Bush. Mike Bell looks like the RB we needed since we parted ways with Deuce. It isn't a knock on PT, its just that Bell is a true work horse back.

I do think Bush can deliver on 3rd downs though. He has proved it before.

I almost hate to say it, but I do too. Bell has done things in these first two games that I've never seen from PT. Now I'm not saying PT is no good, but Bell runs runs with more quickness, power, and vision than any RB we've had since a young Deuce.

I want all 3 RBs to be there for us... but IMHO, Mike Bell is more important right now than PT.

Exactly how I feel as well. He runs hard and with authority. My cousin and I had this very discussion today and he also mentioned the ala Deuce in his prime. Lets just hope PT can plug in and go. We need him to.

Bell looks exactly like a young Deuce, but with better vision.

I wouldn't say Bell > PT yet, but I do think Bell > Bush.

Bell has a similar running style to a young Deuce, same vision and power, but Deuce had more speed and better receiveing and blocking skills. I think Bell and PT are pretty close in their abilities (Bell has more power and shiftiness but PT has superior pass catching). As far as Bush goes, both Bell and PT >>>>> Bush.

Since we haven't thrown alot to Bell yet, I'm not understanding all of these comparative evaluations of his receiving abilities...

Lets see a healthy PT bust out and everybody will be singing his praises! They are all a part of this team. Reggie scored this weekend and set up another TD, and he don't count?
Last time i looked it took 11 guys to win as a team! i'm glad as anyone they are winning, and congratulate anyone who had a hand in it! Even Reis on special teams who recovered the fumble! Jenkins the rook , who put a heck of an open field tackle on his man!

It Takes all of them to Win! Plus they are all Saints , lets support them than berate them! Let's go Saints! All The Way!

You're right on. But don't leave out Heath Evans. That one legged hop to the endzone was great not to mention is lead blocking for Bell has been exceptional.:plus-un2:

On the unstoppable note.......not on the RB discussion (although....guys don't forget how productive Bush AND PT were last season.....the run blocking has improved....both could be better than last year)

anyone notice the "brees vs the blitz" stats on the ESPN scroll?

:potd:

So we should never comment on which players we think might be better than others? :idunno:

So if I think player A is better than player B, I should just be quiet? :idunno:

OK, gotcha. :jpshakehead:

you reallyhave to be careful when giving your opinion on this board. Esp. if it is something that could be perceived as negative toward ond of our players. It is like some posters think u are going to hurt a players feelings or it is personal. It is just football. It is supposed to be fun. As a saints fan for over 25 years, watching and supporting this team I have a right to my opinion and think other fans do. I expect the best from my team. Want the best players on my team If I have more trust in Bell Than Thomas (and I do) so what. If I dont think Bush is worth what We are Paying (and I dont) so what. The forum is here as an outlet for me to enjoy my team,express my opinions and pick up useful info about the Saints. I really enjoy the forum but part of what makes a forum great is peoples opinions.. I dont believe being a saints fan means you have to blindly support every Player or decision on the field. It simply means being passionate That when the New Orleans Saints (team) take the field they strike fear in any team lining up against them. When that opponent walks off the field their heads are hung low after a thorough beat down in every part of the game. Long live the greatest sports franchise in NFL history THE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS! (yeah im a homer)

I think Bell is the missing ingredient. Bush and PT bring different things, but Bell has the decisiveness, quickness and power to be that back who converts third downs consistently. Over the course of the season there is enough attrition to allow each to have his moment in the sun while the other heals up.
Deuce ran with power and grace and was an excellent receiver out of the backfield. Bell looks quicker and more violent into the hole, but he hasn't carried dudes with him yet like Deuce did in his day.

Bell looks exactly like a young Deuce, but with better vision.

different thread, different response. :idunno:

Not you in particular Danneaux just to the statement in general. I happen to agree to a certain extent and said so in the other thread that got a frosty reception.

Woah! oops Colts just broke off a late TD LOL

John Clayton is one of the few people at ESPN who I think has some sense. I'm glad to see him recognizing our potential.

Wasn't Lance Moore his most trusted receiver? Now it's Colston. Brees is a two timer, or a bandwagon jumper.

Did you actually believe that when he said it? Child please!

Why wouldn't a 6'4'' receiver with velcro hands be your most trusted receiver. I think he just said that about Moore to boost the guy's confidence, just like when he said PT is the team's #1 running back. All of the players are necessary to make the team go, but Colston has been here as long as Brees. He's earned that trust as much as anyone.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom