John Fourcade in Saints HOF? Is anyone else shocked at this? (1 Viewer)

Hopeful

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess we are running out of players to induct? Fourcade seems like a nice enough guy but average play for a 2 year span does not warrant a HOF induction, welcome any and all opinions....

He gets the bonus for being a local...and it's not the Saints HOF is it?

The Saints Hall of Fame is less about stats and more about players who had an impact on the team either through their play on the field or by having an impact through their personality.

Fourcade was a big part of that first playoff team in 87'. His play during the strike really endeared him to to fans. He's a legend of sorts. I'm ok with him in the Saints hall.

I was around 7 or 8 when he was playing so I can’t speak to his gameplay but I met him about a decade ago and he seemed like a really good dude.

Good for him.

He was decent in Tecmo Bowl.

And I agree, I like him but don’t think he should be a Saints HOF’er if he is.

BTW, the 2 Saints inductees for 2018 are Lance Moore and Pierre Thomas.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think he is in the Saints Hall of Fame. He will be in the Greater New Orleans Hall of Fame. Maybe that is what you're thinking of?
Former Saints QB John Fourcade awaits honor, 'especially after the year I've had'
Inductees - New Orleans Saints Hall Of Fame
In the middle of that article they finally get it right

the Greater New Orleans Sports Hall of Fame

Not the Greater New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame, which they mistakenly reference in the blurb under his picture of him walking off the field. That's amateur hour making that flub.

Heard about this last week. Isn’t Fourcade going in for his HS accomplishments at Shaw?

In the middle of that article they finally get it right

the Greater New Orleans Sports Hall of Fame

Not the Greater New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame, which they mistakenly reference in the blurb under his picture of him walking off the field. That's amateur hour making that flub.

Times-Picayune has become... well, picayune. They haven’t gone downhill so much as fallen off a cliff.

I had to read the post 3 times before I finally caught "Saints" versus "Sports". Tough one for an editor but still a flub.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom