John Gilliam's K.O.return (1 Viewer)

I wasn't there, I was only 4 when it happened. But, family members who instilled my love for the Saints, were there. Even though I was only 4, I know the play well. I've watched it countless times. The Saints are my first and only real true sports love. Their history, whether I'm old enough to remember or not, is important for me to know and respect. My first memories are from Archie's rookie season (4 years later). I've seen it all first hand since then.
I wasn't at the game, but I remember it vividly.

Nice find :) Going on blind memory of reading about them, I think the three wins during the first year were against Philly, Atlanta and Washington.
That's right. Philly was our first win. Flea Roberts returned a kick off, pick up fumble for another TD and caught a long pass for another.

Just curious, how many people here were there when Gilliam scored on the first play in Saints history.
I was there and until Porter's pick six it was the most exciting thing I ever saw.

I was there with my dad and we were late. We were running up the ramps trying to see what all the noise was about. We did see the touchdown scored. I was 12 years old.

A friend of mine named Harry Black, and I, parked cars in his yard on Versailles Place, then walked over to the stadium. We climbed the fence to sneak in on the Claiborne side of the stadium. After the exciting kickoff, we felt guilty and climbed over the fence to leave the same way we got in. I was 9.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom