John Mayer - Continuum (1 Viewer)

I sampled a few tunes. I find his studio produced sound to be lacking the soul and style of his live work. It sounds too girly and cheesy to me. I'll give it a few listens but it's not speaking to me the same way Try! did.

Steal.

I definitely agree with Brennan. The single is pretty good, but the rest of the album is a little poppy for my tastes.

Thanks. I'm not that big of a Mayer fan, but I'm willing to give anyone a second (or third) shot at winning my approval.

I wasn't a Mayer fan until I caught the Austin City Limits tribute to SRV. Unbeknownst to me, that shaggy-haired kid playing the fierce blues licks was none other than John Mayer. (it took my 14 year old daughter pointing it out to me for me to realize it)

"Try" was a very solid effort. I'm ehhh "previewing" Continuum now...

I agree, not as good as Try! is. The guy just flat-out smokes, when playing live blues. Still, though, I'd rather hear anything on Continuum than hear "Your Body is a Wonderland" or anything of that ilk.

Mayer isn't a bad guitar player. He's a lot better than what I have heard on most of his recordings. I haven't listened to his new material yet but I plan too. I agree with Jacob. Mayer tries to be too poppy and girly in the studio. Somebody needs to give that boy some whiskey so he'll play with a little more edge..

I'm skipping out on this one. I like Mayer best when he's not singing...

steal and give to your wife/girlfriend/blowupdoll. No man should have that record. no offense.

John is great at playing the blues.I think he plays the other crap to get girls.Or he thinks he can make more money playing pop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom