John McBush is funny (1 Viewer)

i know mccain was a hostage and that he was tourchered, but speaking as a former military service man..i don't like that fact that mccain gave up classified info to his detainers.....i mean he gave up the real deal...heck he could have just told them anything...how would they know if the false intell was real or not? i don't respect that at all...not one bit

Dude, if you were being tortured and humiliated and forced to live in a hell hole like the Hanoi Hilton in North Vietnam, wouldn't that thought come to your head because they were torturing you in the first place. Thats an unfair argument considering the circumstances he had to go through.
I suggest you look up at what they did to people to that place to POW's and violated international law like the Geneva Convention Rab dog before you make absurd statements like that. You weren't their in that place in the mid 60's and the duration of the Vietnam War

Thats a bit shortsighted black. McCain did go to an unpopular war like the one we had in Vietnam and spend 7 years in a NVA camp while all the time being tortured and mocked and possibly shown to the world's media in humilation. That means a damn lot more to me black then some guy who avoided the draft in 1971 as far the troops go and public opinion.

I'm not comparing their motivations for going to/dodging service in Viet Nam.

I'm just comparing what their stated views and proposed policies are, the worldview they are based on and the persistent tendency to mis-speak.

In regards to foreign policy, they are going to be interchangeable, with the caveat that McCain may actaully be more likely to be militarily reckless as he seeks out his perceived destiny to be the great war leader.

His confusion is right there for you to see:

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Once_again_McCain_confuses_Sunnis_with_0408.html

Last edited:
Well Black thats what he says to the media. How do you know what he really think in private? He was very supportive of Kerry in 04 and Kerry tried to recruit him to be his VP, Black. If that means anything at all, man he has a bit more support and likability from the other side then Bush does. If push came to shove and it most likely will, Black, how do you know on principle Black that he wont at least listen to the Dems and their arguments?

He has in the past. why would he change now?

Do you know 100% that he wont Black, getting to that level of this conversation?

Black, two wrongs still do not make a right. No I am not naive to that but that does not white wash the NVA or the VC for their horrid treatment of our POW's

A Vote For McCain is a vote for 100 more years of war!!!

McCain is Garbage..... Just My Opinion, of course, but i'd rather see The Crazy Air Guitar Bicycle guy i see riding down the road all the time be president than him....

i know mccain was a hostage and that he was tourchered, but speaking as a former military service man..i don't like that fact that mccain gave up classified info to his detainers.....i mean he gave up the real deal...heck he could have just told them anything...how would they know if the false intell was real or not? i don't respect that at all...not one bit

I don't know what McCain "gave up" but if you think that anybody can hold out to constant torture, I have to respectfully submit that you've been watching too much Rambo.

Everybody has a breaking point.

Well Black thats what he says to the media. How do you know what he really think in private? He was very supportive of Kerry in 04 and Kerry tried to recruit him to be his VP, Black. If that means anything at all, man he has a bit more support and likability from the other side then Bush does. If push came to shove and it most likely will, Black, how do you know on principle Black that he wont at least listen to the Dems and their arguments?

He has in the past. why would he change now?

Do you know 100% that he wont Black, getting to that level of this conversation?

Well, anything is possible I guess. You had Bush campaign on "a more humble foreign policy" and look at the change we got.

I guess you can get this from McCain followed by a similar flip-flop:

YouTube - Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran

YouTube - McCain: 100 years in Iraq

But I have to take him at his word.

We need a new approach.

I don't know what McCain "gave up" but if you think that anybody can hold out to constant torture, I have to respectfully submit that you've been watching too much Rambo.

Everybody has a breaking point.
that's the only reason you and saintman defend mccain on this because you don't know what he gave up.......as i said before as a former military service man , i can tell you if you are in a war/conflict you know there is a chance that you can be killed or captured.that is the chance our military members take everyday...it is par for the course...in the event you are captured you are NOT suppose to give up info on your fellow serviceman's troop movements/locations amoung other things like mccain did..there is no way to tell how many serviceman where put in even greater danger than they already where or killed as a direct result of mccain giving classified info to our enemy...as i said before, he could have told the enemy anything, how could they have told the difference? but he chose to give them the real deal...there where a lot of other u.s. serviceman in that same camp that mccain was in....they where torchured, they didn't tell the enemy ****.......now i like john mccain for the most part, but as i said before ...i do not respect this about him....not one bit

Thats a bit shortsighted black. McCain did go to an unpopular war like the one we had in Vietnam and spend 7 years in a NVA camp while all the time being tortured and mocked and possibly shown to the world's media in humilation. That means a damn lot more to me black then some guy who avoided the draft in 1971 as far the troops go and public opinion.

Couldn't have said it better myself. :aduncan:

Well, anything is possible I guess. You had Bush campaign on "a more humble foreign policy" and look at the change we got.

281105wtc.jpg

Relevance to Iraq?

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/156352_bushsummit13.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/09/60minutes/main592330.shtml

Bush admits he targeted Saddam from the start
Comments could boost criticism of president's case for war against Iraq
By STEWART M. POWELL
SEATTLE POST-INTELLIGENCER WASHINGTON BUREAU

WASHINGTON -- President Bush acknowledged for the first time yesterday that he was mapping preparations to topple Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein as soon as he took office.

Bush's comments came in response to former Treasury Secretary Paul O'Neill's contention in a new book that the chief executive was gunning for Saddam nine months before the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and two years before the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

Bush's comments appeared likely to stoke campaign claims by Democratic rivals for the White House that the president was planning to attack Iraq, possibly in retaliation for Saddam's attempted 1993 assassination of his father, former President Bush.

"The stated policy of my administration toward Saddam Hussein was very clear -- like the previous administration, we were for regime change," Bush told a joint news conference in Monterrey, Mexico, with Mexican President Vicente Fox. "And in the initial stages of the administration, as you might remember, we were dealing with (enforcing a no-fly zone over Iraq) and so we were fashioning policy along those lines."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom