Johnathan Goff=Most Impressive Linebacker at the Combine (1 Viewer)

TideSaint

All-Pro
Reaction score
First of all let me preface his combine numbers with a statement. This guy was a one man wrecking crew for Vandy and he went head to head with the best of the best each week in the SEC. Before yesterday it was assumed he would run very poorly and that he didn't have the athleticism to be an every down linebacker. Without further ado here are his stats from yesterday:

40: 4.63-5th among LBs
Bench Press: 28 reps-2nd
Vertical: 31.5-8th
Broad Jump: 9'10"-9th
3 Cone: 6.86-4th
20 yard Shuffle: 4.26-8th
60 yard Shuffle: 11.5-3rd

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 238lbs.

He should be available in the 3-4 round range and would easily be an upgrade of Simoneau. Thoughts?

No way in the 3 - 4 round range, IMO he was a 2nd rounder already.

I would take him at pick 41.

One thing that is exciting is that it seems that we will have better options in the second and third round. I am starting to get optimistic about the quality of this draft.

I thought he was already a late 2nd rounder. I don't see him there in the 3rd or 4th.

We really need a LB at 41, regardless of what we do in FA

Sounds like the kid could be a good option if Mayo, Lofton, Connor, etc. are gone by the time we pick @ 41 and we don't us 10 on Connor.

He should be available in the 3-4 round range and would easily be an upgrade of Simoneau. Thoughts?

Why does everybody say this? I mean isn't this just accepted knowledge, I mean hey we could dress Andrus & Dan in Lafayette out at LB and it would be an upgrade over Simoneau (and Shanle)... heck we could dress out our grandmothers and they could stand around the pile too...

Why does everybody say this? I mean isn't this just accepted knowledge, I mean hey we could dress Andrus & Dan in Lafayette out at LB and it would be an upgrade over Simoneau (and Shanle)... heck we could dress out our grandmothers and they could stand around the pile too...

Yes but we say this, because we learned yesterday that Ali Highsmith would be a downgrade. :hihi:

you know whats funny about all this......before we were all clamoring over specific players, now that the combine has shown alot of other players measure up the same, we see that we have alot of options and the best part is all these guys cant go in the first round, so we will be picking up some good talent...some guy that runs a 4.6 that you thought was slower will be availabe in the 3rd round, not because he isnt good enough, but because of the depth at the position, its gonna push alot of people back (LB, DT,) I think this years Draft is loaded with "potential", anyone notice how many 20yr olds were at the combine? usually its 22-23, but there were alot of 20yr olds this time around.

He looked really good. I thought Gary Guyton clearly had the most "impressive" performance, but in light of Mayo and Goff's SEC experience and production i'm inclined to prefer them over Guyton. Both had very good performances.

I like Goff a lot, I don't know how high his "upside" really will end up being but he'll be productive in the NFL for a number of years.

First of all let me preface his combine numbers with a statement. This guy was a one man wrecking crew for Vandy and he went head to head with the best of the best each week in the SEC. Before yesterday it was assumed he would run very poorly and that he didn't have the athleticism to be an every down linebacker. Without further ado here are his stats from yesterday:

40: 4.63-5th among LBs
Bench Press: 28 reps-2nd
Vertical: 31.5-8th
Broad Jump: 9'10"-9th
3 Cone: 6.86-4th
20 yard Shuffle: 4.26-8th
60 yard Shuffle: 11.5-3rd

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 238lbs.

I'd read where he was extremely atheletic, they just didn't think he'd have good measurables, therefor a mid-rounder.

Well he certainly put up NFL quality measurables. Combine that with his athleticism and production and you have a guy I'd be elated with at 41.

Conner, Lofton, Mayo, Wheeler and now Goff would all bring a big fat smile to my face at 41.

One has to be there at 41.

BTW: He was the #1 rated MLB before all the Juniors declared, so its not like he's come out of nowhere. I really like the MLB class this year.

By the way. Just for reference

2007 Defensive Rookie of the Year - Patrick Willis Ole Miss
2006 Defensive Rookie of the Year - Demeco Ryans Alabama

Just saying :9:

By the way. Just for reference

2007 Defensive Rookie of the Year - Patrick Willis Ole Miss
2006 Defensive Rookie of the Year - Demeco Ryans Alabama

Just saying :9:

And both played for horrible teams. Just saying :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom