Johnny Football (1 Viewer)

I thought you were done? I've already made my point and you're still not making any sense. Bye Felicia.

Oh, please. I made plenty of sense, you are just clearly not interested in having a real discussion (or even a civil disagreement). All you seem to want to do is post juvenile "lols" "bye Felica's" and insults. Yes, I know I shouldn't be engaging with you again but the flippant "I thought you were done" & "bye felicia" stuff is annoying, so against my better judgment, here I am.

Ryan, Leaf, Akilli Smith, David Carr, Jamarcus Russel, Heath Shuler, Kijana Carter, Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, Charles Rogers, Courtney Brown, Tony Mandarich, Trent Richardson, and that's just some big busts drafted in the top 3. I could list dozens more if I expanded to top 10 picks.

Manziel wasn't drafted until late in the first round (22 overall) and I think that matters when you consider the magnitude of the bust.

He was also drafted in the rookie wage scale era, so his contract wasn't outrageous or anything. Manziel's entire 4-year rookie contract was less than just the signing bonuses of the players listed above. I think that's also important when ranking these things. Not only did those players cost their teams much more valuable draft picks, but they also cost a ton more money.

Manziel was a bust and a terrible player (and person) but I don't think it is stupid or "a joke" to think that he isn't the biggest bust of all time. And it's not like I'm even saying you must share that opinion; I'd be happy to have a conversation about it. Even if you disagree though, it's not some kind of laughable or idiotic thing to say, which is what you keep implying.

I know now that you are only interested in "lulz" and insults though and won't (or can't) add anything of substance to a back-and-forth, so I'm sure this will be met with the usual from you. It doesn't matter because I have no interest in reading any more of your posts. Ignore list.

Oh, please. I made plenty of sense, you are just clearly not interested in having a real discussion (or even a civil disagreement). All you seem to want to do is post juvenile "lols" "bye Felica's" and insults. Yes, I know I shouldn't be engaging with you again but the flippant "I thought you were done" & "bye felicia" stuff is annoying, so against my better judgment, here I am.

Ryan, Leaf, Akilli Smith, David Carr, Jamarcus Russel, Heath Shuler, Kijana Carter, Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, Charles Rogers, Courtney Brown, Tony Mandarich, Trent Richardson, and that's just some big busts drafted in the top 3. I could list dozens more if I expanded to top 10 picks.

Manziel wasn't drafted until late in the first round (22 overall) and I think that matters when you consider the magnitude of the bust.

He was also drafted in the rookie wage scale era, so his contract wasn't outrageous or anything. Manziel's entire 4-year rookie contract was less than just the signing bonuses of the players listed above. I think that's also important when ranking these things. Not only did those players cost their teams much more valuable draft picks, but they also cost a ton more money.

Manziel was a bust and a terrible player (and person) but I don't think it is stupid or "a joke" to think that he isn't the biggest bust of all time. And it's not like I'm even saying you must share that opinion; I'd be happy to have a conversation about it. Even if you disagree though, it's not some kind of laughable or idiotic thing to say, which is what you keep implying.

I know now that you are only interested in "lulz" and insults though and won't (or can't) add anything of substance to a back-and-forth, so I'm sure this will be met with the usual from you. It doesn't matter because I have no interest in reading any more of your posts. Ignore list.

Still not done eh? You seem to be really upset and highly emotional about this. Johnny is that you? LOL!!!!

Guy is an idiot. Doesn't deserve a 4th chance, but here we are

Yeah, at this point I’m guessing they are only hoping that his name sells some tickets or something (I’m not sure what attendance is like for this team/league).

I can’t imagine what they could have seen to think that he will become a good player or reliable person.

When all else fails, you change your name! Hooray!

The ex-Memphis Express quarterback joined The Dan Patrick Show on Monday to announce the name change. The show even changed their graphic to "John" for him. It doesn't get more official than that.

Manziel said:

"I have a little update for you. I actually go by John these days. So, I'm kind of just turning over the page and moving forward a little bit."

When all else fails, you change your name! Hooray!

The ex-Memphis Express quarterback joined The Dan Patrick Show on Monday to announce the name change. The show even changed their graphic to "John" for him. It doesn't get more official than that.

Manziel said:

"I have a little update for you. I actually go by John these days. So, I'm kind of just turning over the page and moving forward a little bit."

Maybe the name change underlines that his career is in the toilet.

Maybe the name change underlines that his career is in the toilet.
My cousin was so dumb when it came to country music, he thought Johnny Cash was money hidden behind the toilet.

He thought Kitty Wells was a place where cats went to get a drink.

- Ancient Grand Ole Opry jokes from the 1960s

Mm hmmm. Like when Vick came back after the dogfighting incident and changed his name to Mike Vick. Then his momma got mad at him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom