Johnny Knox gives up football (1 Viewer)

SaintBrad

Very Banned
Reaction score
Really sucks. Its why i never criticize any player for trying to get every dollar he can get.

Oh...and that was hargrove with the hit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It really is pretty amazing that he is still a functional human, let alone a football player.

Really sucks. Its why i never criticize any player for trying to get every dollar he can get.

Oh...and that was hargrove with the hit.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

That is exactly it. They should do whatever it takes to maximize their money. Their career could end on any hit.

Chicago did him right though. They kept him on IR last year so that he got his full paycheck and the extra year he was in the league enables him to get medical bennies. This according to a Bears fan friend of mine.

Sad to hear. Dude had a promising career. Played darn good football in his rookie year as a special teams player. Was a beasty compliment too Devin Hester, only better on offense. Good luck to him.

I always grind my teeth when I see it, was that Hargrove that laid that hit?

Yeah but hardly intentional. In full speed it was more of an accidental hit than anything. Both players were extending for the ball and Hargrove put his head and shoulder down just before contact. That is just what happens when a 170 lb WR goes head first into a 290lb defensive lineman when they are both running all out.

Not to nitpick, but maybe change the title to "retires" instead of "gives up"?

Andrew Brandt &#8207;<s>@</s>adbrandt
Knox would qualify for the CBA Injury Protection benefit if there were a remaining year (s) on his contract, but there is not.

I read his contract tolled from last year, which is why he had to be released. Wonder if that just doesn't count or what.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom