Joker (3 Viewers)

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I finally saw joker and I didn't think it was that great. I thought I was going to like it a lot more than I did.
I just have trouble thinking that this guy is any kind of genius like the Joker is supposed to be.

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The last time Sr,com went full 100% on a movie was Borat... just a question.
If I never watched any of the Batman movies would I still like it? Could it stand alone as a film?

SNL did a funny skit this weekend.... "Grouch".. somebody needs to link that video...

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
The last time Sr,com went full 100% on a movie was Borat... just a question.
If I never watched any of the Batman movies would I still like it? Could it stand alone as a film?

SNL did a funny skit this weekend.... "Grouch".. somebody needs to link that video...
I didn't like Borat.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Well, they’ve got, what,15 or so years before Batman arrives.
i'm still trying to figure out why it is wrong
I've never seen Borat. :shrug:

I have seen all of the Batman movies tho. I'm a super hero junkie, idk why tho, lol.
borat is worth it just for a laugh at how stupid our society is and just out there for a good time

borat and love is the ultimate awesomeness of fun.

Bronson

Caligula would grin
Reaction score
bold and proud of where I've been but here I am...
I finally saw joker and I didn't think it was that great. I thought I was going to like it a lot more than I did.
I just have trouble thinking that this guy is any kind of genius like the Joker is supposed to be.
Same here, I probably would have liked the movie if weren't intended to be the DC Joker.

I also didn't like the connections to Bruce Wayne. For one, some man sticking his fingers in your mouth, assaulting your butler, and claiming to be your half brother would be an unshakable childhood memory. And if the gunman who murdered your parents wore a clown mask inspired by a vigilante named Joker, that would create a whole new dynamic with your arch villain.

Phoenix was awesome and I think it was a good script and a good story. I think I got myself a little too hyped up about what I thought it would be and I can't buy into this Joker being some low key genius criminal mastermind.

Sandman

Trustworthy
Staff member
Administrator
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Both my daughter and I really liked this movie. It is a “modern” way a “Joker” can be made. Is he brilliant like other Jokers? No. However, he has support of thousands of the down-trodden. He is a symbol they will use to lash out against the powers that be.

Dago

Veteran
Reaction score
you know....something doesn't jive here. there was all this outcry and panic that this movie would influence people to commit heinous acts

how can we confidently say that video games have no effect on the mental development and actions of people but that this movie could? that makes absolutely no sense

MLU

Please respect my decision!
Reaction score
you know....something doesn't jive here. there was all this outcry and panic that this movie would influence people to commit heinous acts

how can we confidently say that video games have no effect on the mental development and actions of people but that this movie could? that makes absolutely no sense
No, that was Justice League...

Bronson

Caligula would grin
Reaction score
bold and proud of where I've been but here I am...

mainstream media is the most detrimental societal influence on mental health

FullMonte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
i'm still trying to figure out why it is wrong
Why what is wrong? Someone said "But there would be a lot more of Joker's story to tell before you got to that point," and I just pointed out that they've got plenty of time to cover. That gives them at least a decade of material to use before a potential Batman vs Joker movie.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Why what is wrong? Someone said "But there would be a lot more of Joker's story to tell before you got to that point," and I just pointed out that they've got plenty of time to cover. That gives them at least a decade of material to use before a potential Batman vs Joker movie.
to be honest, i don't even remember posting

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Headlines

Top Bottom