Joker (1 Viewer)

Honestly, the response to Joker is what is likely to generate a self-fulfilling prophecy if there is one.

Because in the world of 4Chan/8chan, where irony-poisoning and positively reinforcing radicalization through memes is the name of the game, a cultural backlash against a comic book film like Joker is a perfect cocktail to latch onto.

If they let you in:

049u02n0wmq31.jpg
Considering the best indicator so far of mass shooters is a history of domestic violence...Not sure what this is supposed to achieve?

It was excellent. Phoenix is amazing.

That is exactly what one of my buddies said, who saw it last night. He said it was action packed from start to finish.

BTW........his son had a bunch of rings on, so they stopped him at the entrance to ask what all the rings were for. He said, “oh, I just wear them for decoration.” So they said, ok, & let him in. The guards were thinking they were brass knuckles or something???!!! Geeeeeeeez

That is exactly what one of my buddies said, who saw it last night. He said it was action packed from start to finish.

BTW........his son had a bunch of rings on, so they stopped him at the entrance to ask what all the rings were for. He said, “oh, I just wear them for decoration.” So they said, ok, & let him in. The guards were thinking they were brass knuckles or something???!!! Geeeeeeeez
They going all out. At the AMC 16 on the West Bank, they had cops in the theater the entire showing. It was 4:00 on a Thursday too.
And they heightened the security even more as I walked out the theater for the later showings.

This looks like it’s going to be one of those movies where the people who see it week 1 say it’s great. The people who see it week 2 say it’s pretty good. The people who see it week 3 say it’s alright. The people who see it week 4 are like “I can’t believe I paid to see this piece of shirt.” Hahahaha

Joker is a very good film.

OP is correct about the Taxi Driver influence.

Another Scorsese movie, The King of Comedy, is also an obvious influence .

If Travis Bickle and Rupert Pupkin had a lovechild it would be the Joker.

Robert De Niro as the talk show host was a nice touch.

Joaquin Phoenix is as good as you are hearing.

My son saw it Friday and described it to me as "next level dark".

That's a pretty good description.

Taxi Driver is the wrong Scorcese point of comparison. Because this movie is literally just The King of Comedy with more violence and the Joker in the Rupert Pupkin role.

I dont mean it's an homage. I mean it's literally the King of Comedy with the Joker in it. Like I'm pretty sure Todd Phillip's watched The King of Comedy, said "hm, that could work as a Joker origin story" and just plugged the character in with the addition of some class warfare stuff that obviously had no place in the original.

Taxi Driver is the wrong point of comparison. Because this movie is literally just The King of Comedy with more violence and the Joker in the Rupert Pupkin role.

I dont mean it's an homage. I mean it's literally the King of Comedy with the Joker in it.

Taxi Driver applies regarding mental illness and the descent into madness. And Gotham is a stand-in for Bickle's New York.

Ima have to go alone.
Wife won’t go.

I’m curious how that movie will do with females
My wife and daughter jest left to go watch it. I've been so disappointed by DC films overall that I'm not sure I will make the effort.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom