Jonathan Cooper waived (again) (1 Viewer)

nosaints213

ad majorem dei gloriam
Reaction score
I don't care, bring him in!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Browns waived OL Jonathan Cooper.l, who has bounced from Arizona to New England to Cleveland to free.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/813859319221469184">December 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Give him a whole off season in our system, and re-evaluate during training camp.

Getting dropped by 3 teams in 1 season, 1 being a team with a 1-14 record, should tell us something.

Bring him in for competition, can't hurt especially if it's just for camp for an extra body.

If he's really over his foot injury, absolutely. Dan Rousher has impressed me, and I'd love to see what he could do with that level of talent.

Cleveland dropped him, that usually means a guy is pretty good :)

But for NE to drop him, yeah, probably not.

I remember someone on here telling me we couldn't trade for Chandler jones because this guy was a big part of the trade between the pats and cardinals. I said he was just a throw in of the trade and nothing more. 3 teams have now given up on him.....

I remember someone on here telling me we couldn't trade for Chandler jones because this guy was a big part of the trade between the pats and cardinals. I said he was just a throw in of the trade and nothing more. 3 teams have now given up on him.....
That was me. And it was correct. We were never in the Chandler Jones trade talks. The Patriots never spoke to the Saints. They specifically targeted Cooper and a pick, and Cooper was their starting right guard until he suffered a foot injury.

Shaq Mason stepped in and was a revelation, so they waived Cooper for a defensive lineman. The Browns claimed him after their starter was suspended, and Cooper started a few games for them. His suspension ended, so they brought him back and waived his replacement.

None of this equates to three teams "giving up" on him.

That was me. And it was correct. We were never in the Chandler Jones trade talks. The Patriots never spoke to the Saints. They specifically targeted Cooper and a pick, and Cooper was their starting right guard until he suffered a foot injury.

Shaq Mason stepped in and was a revelation, so they waived Cooper for a defensive lineman. The Browns claimed him after their starter was suspended, and Cooper started a few games for them. His suspension ended, so they brought him back and waived his replacement.

None of this equates to three teams "giving up" on him.

Cooper was not the reason for the trade. And I doubt he was ever penciled in as the starter. If he was, they certainly would have kept him on the team for depth instead of cutting him.

Guess the yearly double digit sack guy that's hitting fa after the year the Pats didn't want to pay wasn't worth the second rounder and the reason for the trade....

But not really.

The Cardinals traded him after he got beat out by a 6th round lineman and then they signed 60 year old Evan Mathis in the offseason, the Pats cut him, and now the Browns. I count one two three.....

Cooper was not the reason for the trade. And I doubt he was ever penciled in as the starter. If he was, they certainly would have kept him on the team for depth instead of cutting him.

Guess the yearly double digit sack guy that's hitting fa after the year the Pats didn't want to pay wasn't worth the second rounder and the reason for the trade....
He was. It's pretty well documented. But believe whatever you want.

He was. It's pretty well documented. But believe whatever you want.

So your telling me Cooper was the main reason for the trade of the 2nd round pick? Is that what your saying? A guy that could not beat out a 6th rounder on a very weak Cardinals line and could not start? Not the double digit sack guy that's about to be one of the highest paid if not highest paid defensive players in the NFL in a couple months. Yea it's pretty documented, please link that for me if you can....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom